Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have not tried a zeer pot , but given the fact that I live in the Southwest , and it was designed for Africa , the technology for the conditions would be pretty similar . I do have all the things I need to make one if I need to , but here is a page I found that may answer questions about the best way to make a zeer pot cool the most efficiently .
    its an interesting site for many other things , happy accident when you stumble across one .

http://rebuildingcivilization.com/content/busting-myths-about-zeer-pot

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I have also never tried a zeer pot, will see if it works as good as they say. South Florida is very hot almost all year long.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Well , let me know how it works , According to the article I found , ( evaporative cooling ) humidity is a big factor in its efficiency .

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Tolik I would think in your area you have an ok chance of it being semi-useful maybe in the winter/cooler months. Here had zero luck because to hot and too humid – summer can get to 90% humidity etc. More luck here to submerge stuff in my pond, put down in a small ground root cellar 5′ down or in the spring house.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I hear ya , I did a project in Springfield Missouri , it was 90 and 90 …………it sucked ! Death Valley at 128 and almost no humidity actually felt better .

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Unfortunately we have too high humidity for any evaporate cooling solutions. When I designed the house for our homestead I got a lot into passive cooling and none of this works here.

That our solar system supports a properly sized refrigerator was pretty important for us though :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.