Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I wasn’t thinking along the lines of a bolt gun, I’ve had the idea owning a Marlin or a Rossi lever gun might be nice. But I don’t know how well they are made after reading about current products.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Rumor from one of my distributors, Marlin may be dropping the leverguns entirely due to qc issues.

I don’t buy it but having watched the quality of the 1895 model over the last decade, I’d hate to bet on this one.
    The 1894 .357 carbine was brought back, Denis Prisbey did an excellent write up on it, not as good as hoped for its ten year hiatus.

Right now, spending my own money, I’d be looking for an older Browning (Miroku made) 92 or one of the modern Winchesters (also jap made). Ths quality is much higher and so is the price, trade off.
    The Rossi products vary too much in quality.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

You want to penetrate armor gents,

To quote Clint Smith “Rifle eat armor the way Pac-Man eats dots”.

That M-4 or AK don’t take up any more room than the levergun but have considerably more power and capacity. Velocity too.
    And even the cheap $600 models are better than the leverguns for reliability and longevity sad to say.

A friend picked up a Diamondback AR, somfar its been surprisingly good for the price. No its not a Les Baer custon, but for a rack grade gun, not bad.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    The idea is just a passing fantasy, I have no real need for one. A BLR would be a very nice addition… in 308. Really mad at myself for selling a Savage 99F in .243 a long time ago. After I cleaned all the copper out that gun was surprisingly accurate.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I do love my FAL L1A1 Sporter CAL .308. It is very powerful and with the 20 mag it is just right. I just like the power of the .308.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.