Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I somehow expected this to happen. The Cape and “white” areas are ‘under attack’ They do love setting things on fire.
    Cape not under ANC rule – and our dear government does not like to see the Cape prosper

This area has got only winter rainfall and is very dry at the moment. The fynbos is going to take up to seven years to recover.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/gallery-fire-raging-in-cape-town-1.1825320#.VPV_QnyUfTq

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/cape-shows-its-heart-to-fire-heroes-1.1825992#.VPV6wnyUfTo

Can just pray for the people

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Statistics showed there had been 4 325 fires between December and January.

The severe fire saw Local Government MEC Anton Bredell call in reinforcements on Monday. An additional 250 firemen were set to join the ranks on the frontline, with the first team on the ground by yesterday afternoon.
    Fires in Tulbagh Valley, the Winterhoek Mountains and Betty’s Bay have severely stretched the province’s fire service.
    “The idea is to stabilise the situation across the province. The teams will be deployed to all the affected areas and will provide welcome assistance to the teams that have been on the ground over the past few days.”
    JP Smith, mayoral committee member for safety and security, said there were 97 metro firefighters, 28 firefighting vehicles, 18 support vehicles and four helicopters battling the blaze on Monday. Working on Fire, a volunteer firefighter organisation, had a further 50 people on the ground and two fixed-wing aircraft in the sky.
    “The focus of the firefighting efforts right now is on the protection of properties on the urban fringe and the firefighters on the ground are working all out. Fortunately, the wind has subsided somewhat, so that is a welcome relief. At this stage we have not established the cause of the fire, but that is a secondary concern. Right now the priority is protecting lives and property.”

Five helicopters, including two water bombers, one spotter and a helicopter from the Department of Defence, have been up in the air since Sunday, trying to contain a fire, said Table Mountain National Park.

http://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news/smoke-and-destruction-1.1826107#.VPWDvXyUfTo

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Time for a new kaplyn?

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes,Whirbird it is time. I will rather live in a country where the country and its people believe in working together to make things better – building up, not breaking down. Life need not be a nightmare

With the crime in South Africa at this point in time out of control – the government or somebody that helps them “think” decided on a new gun law. They want to DEMILITARISE THE POLICE SERVICE. After that they want to tighten the ownership of weapons in the Private Security Industry and individual owner.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/new-gun-laws-could-add-years-to-jail-terms-1.1829154#.VP2WfXyUfTo

I can almost laugh at this article IDIOTS! Something tells me they are so afraid of us, it is pathetic

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Crime is rising and at a level not seen elsewhere in the civilized world and the response is to make it tougher/more expensive for ordinary people to protect themselves. I was going to say unbelievable, but given the politics in SA, it is very believable.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard that’s because they can do simple math.

There’s only 11.23 of them to every one of you.
    By the most recent cencus data.

That’s less than one standard pistol magazine for each of you.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Whilibird that is a quite true ! Scary thought. I will fight with my bear hands when the day comes. I also train how to take someone’s weapon and use it against them. But it is sad — no effort is being made to regulate our borders from where the illegal AK 47’s come from or to cleaning out areas where the unlicensed firearm owners hang out.
    The victims with the registered weapons should have less amo and no more big guns. Making it more difficult for overseas tourist to hunt – government wants to do more damage to tourism industry as well. Thats is why I think they are evil, nobody can be that stupid.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Durban’s CBD became the focal point on Tuesday of clashes between police, foreigners and locals, with a car set alight, stun grenades and tear gas canisters being fired, and crowds taunting police…Five people have died since Friday, starting with two Ethiopians who were petrol bombed ….unconfirmed reports on social media that a Pakistani national had been shot, or had been set alight. As commuters headed home late in the afternoon, sirens wailed throughout the seaside city and a pall of smoke rose from the CBD.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Xenophobia-violence-in-KZN-20150414

Durban – Humanitarian aid group the Gift of the Givers worked late into Tuesday night in Durban to help move groups of foreign nationals to safety, after a tense day of stand-offs between police and local and foreign residents.

“We are fetching people as we speak,” Dr Abdirisack Hashi told News24.
    “We are trying to rescue some families who say they are stuck in a house.”’
    The families would join up to 7 000 people made up of “almost 10 different nations” living in tents provided by the KwaZulu-Natal government for those displaced by violence in the province, which Hashi claimed started on March 29.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Deferred generator maintenance has caused an overload of unplanned repairs, resulting in a week of darkness for South Africa. South Africans have had to spend 26% of their year so far planning for another day without electricity
    On Tuesday, Eskom said the electricity supply system remains very vulnerable due to a shortage of generation capacity as several units are currently out of service due to planned and unplanned outages.

Eskom said it would like to assure customers that load shedding is implemented as a necessary measure to protect the power system.

http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Why-Eskom-plunged-SA-into-stage-3-load-shedding-20150414

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It really is looking like the grid problems are a result of gross incompetence. Unplanned maintenance is always a possibility but not at the level SA is experiencing. Let me make a guess. The govt. mandated what the makeup of the workforce must be, regardless of qualifications? Perhaps a few well connected hires too, their qualifications being they knew the right people?

On the first article, it defies the imagination that people would burn other people. To call them savages is too kind.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Savages?

In 1986 Winnie Mandela, then-wife of the imprisoned Nelson Mandela, stated “With our boxes of matches and our necklaces we shall liberate this country” which was widely seen as an implicit endorsement of necklacing.

This is what you get from the ANC, one step out of the stone age.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Violence has Durban on the edge

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/violence-has-durban-on-the-edge-1.1845192#.VS4Nv9yUfTo

There is a few things in this article that made me laugh – for some reason I thought it was better than crying.

Many South African-owned shops were also looted … turned into a war zone.

“Government has noted with grave concerns and regret that the attacks on foreign nationals and looting of their shops have continued around the province.”

Today we have seem something we have never seen before…The violence must stop – it is not acceptable and it is not humane… He wants to assure the public that the provincial government is providing leadership ??!!, this is not the time to panic.”
    Police Ministry spokesman Musa Zondi debunked rumours that the army was to be deployed, saying the military was not trained to handle such situations.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yep, I remember old Winnie and her necklaces. Like I said, savages is too kind a word,

Leopard, sure doesn’t sound like the govt. is in control of the situation. It is telling that black South Africans see other black Africans as rivals too. Perhaps it is already the case but if not, it is only a matter of time before they start separating themselves by tribal heritage and fighting each other. The downward spiral continues.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

It seems like we are running out of time – Between friends and family we are are now praying for our country.
    The police are depolyed out in the streets in Johannesburg and even Pretoria – Gauteng. There have been attacks in several areas. Centurion, Honeydew, Krugersdorp, Sandspruit

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Hey Leopard…

Not trying to make light of a bad situation, but gallows humor is all I got left…

[attachment file=”theres-nothing-to-see-here.jpg”]

[attachment file=”all-is-well.jpg”]

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.