Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

First of all, I know that communications is like a black hole in that you can get super deep and so far in depth with theory and stuff like that, and I’m one of the ones on the outside looking in. I’ve got little experience when it comes to this, but there are a few basic things that I know, and that’s what I’m going to share here.

The way I understand it, there isn’t really any sort of “totally secure” form of electronic communication that we as civvies can own. The field of electronic warfare is vast, and I can’t even begin to get into that. Not to mention that if you do use a form of electronic communication, your location can be triangulated, sometimes really fast. So, when using some form of commo, keep your conversation SHORT. If you are worried about someone listening in, use some form of coded talk. Can be anything, with different words having different meanings, or using things that you and your family/friends/group know. If you do go that route, it may be wise to have multiple sets of codes, and change them every so often.

Maybe you’re kind of high tech and are able to set up your own binary-like code for coding messages (ex. 0010110 would mean move to location x, or whatever you come up with).

The average person these days doesn’t know morse code, so maybe you could use that to your advantage. Just be cautious about it.

Again, that is just some betty basic things that I know. If anyone has a more in depth knowledge in this, please feel free to add more of your thoughts and ideas.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Edheler
    Edheler
    Survivalist
    rreviwer

What you want is a system based on one-time-pads which is easy to setup and maintain. So long as you have a means of encrypting your message with a pad that the recipient knows you would be good. Historically those one time pads are obscure books that both parties own and a common method of encryption. So long as your pad is secure one time pads are essentially unbreakable. The means that the code is transmitted doesn’t add or detract from the security of a one time pad.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I’ve heard of that but never really looked into it, so I’ll have to look at it more in depth to figure it out.

Cheers! (btw, I’ve been checking out the /r/Preppers page, pretty cool stuff!)

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.