Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Unlike Obama , Putin is patriotic to his country , and defends Christianity . The last one alone isnt mentioned enough . Pretty sad state of affairs when the Russian defends Christianity , and the American does not . I’m starting to see more than a few role reversals sense the Soviet Union collapsed . We should all be concerned about that . If Trump makes it , he has some work cut out for himself .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Putin is patriotic to his country , and defends Christianity .

Defends Christianity? Which brand? I suspect he NEEDS the Orthodox Church, in a symbiotic relationship. Defense can be for many reasons. Adherence is quite another story…. Try being a member of a “minority” Christian denomination in Russia and let me now how that’s workin’ for ya. Putin has already stated he wants non-standard (my term, his meaning) religions and denominations “monitored” (his term, not mine). And some of his political followers gaining in power and influence are actively going after some of those FBI/CIA “plants.” Yep! Just the kind of man I want in OUR White House.

And by the way – that Trump allowed the Muslim woman (a who merely stood in silent protest at his South Carolina meeting to be thrown out last night, was not something that endears him to me, either. Little reported is the fact that one of the four people also ejected in Rose Hamid’s group was a Jewish immigration attorney (Marty Rosenbluth) who had also stood in silent protest after a remark by Trump. Let’s just set up forced relocation camps for all Muslim legal residents and even citizens, while we’re at it. Heck – let’s include the Jews too, since one of Trump’s silent protesters was Jewish. We already did it to the Japanese – why not the Muslims? Just my kind of candidate for the highest office in our land. [sarc/OFF]

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

My wife saw the following on Facebook today (I don’t do Facebook, Twitter, or any of the “social media”). Got a bit of a chuckle, at least:

Taking away people’s guns is kind of like taking away cars of all the sober drivers, in order to prevent drunk driving deaths.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Big difference , between 1941 and today , that would never get the public support today ( muslim internment camps ) ….ergo….he wouldnt do it , and with all the liberals that will still be holding office to deal with , it would be low priority for other plans more important to him …….like economics . Ok , Putin and the orthodox church , they need each other , orthodox is the dominant sect in that country , like Catholicism is in latin countries , so what ? Other christian sects are not persecuted , there is a baptist section . He made law for the first time in Russian history , that desecration of ANY religious buildings or symbols is now a crime . Pretty far step forward in support , considering that in the Soviet Union , a person could get 15 years in prison for openly practicing a faith . When speaking about Muslim immigrants , he said that Russia is a Christian nation , they WILL respect our laws , language , and customs …….or they will be forced to leave . Thats what we should be doing , Australia deported a sect of Muslims that were known for problems , and basically told them the same thing Putin did about being a Christian nation . We are too tolerant on many issues . Considering the history of Putins country vs. the principles and history of our country , which is the worst offender to their nation ? Putin or Obama ? Obama goes against everything American , while Putin embraces what is Russian . That cant be denied . Trump ? I have issues with him as well , but given the current crop of losers we have once again to choose from , he gets my vote vs. any Dem . He wont be eager to press the red button launching WW3 like Cruz probably would .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Other christian sects are not persecuted

Absolutely not true. But I will not engage further in that discussion. It just doesn’t happen to be a true statement. There is quite ample reporting and evidence to the contrary – if one just chooses to look.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Another way of looking at it GS is that at least Putin supports the dominant Christian sect in Russia. Obama has never shown an ounce of support for any part of Christianity. Recall when he said he’d side with Islam if he had to choose?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.