Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hi, I’m Tsar Alexander, and I am a young college age male from the United States.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have had an interest in it for a while, first as just sort of a joke after watching Dawn of the Dead (the original, not the awful modern version), and then more seriously recently as things have gotten worse in America. The experiences of relatives who lived through the Soviet collapse were also intriguing to me.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

It’s interesting because I like the idea of surviving after a system that is completely unsustainable collapses. I prepare mostly for an economic collapse type scenario with elements of civil war/revolution thrown in. I suspect America may end up (in terms of the type of collapse) as a mixture of the Roman Empire, British Empire, the Soviet Union, and Yugoslavia.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My philosophy (being young and naive) is to just try and learn as much of everything as possible, and when in doubt–try and make good impressions current/former police and military.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“It’s always darkest just before dawn.” (Not that I necessarily believe that, but it’s a nice thought :))

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Probably some line from Die Hard.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Tsar. Dont feel bad I think my hubby has some quotes from Die Hard he would likely use as well. lol
    Any way Welcome to the family and enjoy your stay lots of people willing to give ideas and such around here.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Thanks for the welcome, I already have many ideas for questions that I would wish to pose to people who have “been there and done that,” because coming flat out right now: I am just a normal working class American kid whose only combat experience is Battlefield 3 (Master Gunnery Sergeant by the way!), so I don’t really know an awful lot about anything.

But I suppose learning from others is a good step in the direction of preparedness.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

добро пожаловать

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Thanks for the welcome Tolik.

My command of Russian is rather poor, so don’t expect much from me in that language department.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Mine isnt that good either , but my girlfriend is a Russian , so I have her do translating most of the time lol .

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Glad to hear you have a nice Russian girl in your life :)

I can understand some Russian, not that much though. Once again, I am really just an American kid (or, as American as anyone these days), born in the USA (great song BTW), and thus American English and American culture are my main mode.

I really don’t like to associate with the “old country” too much, it’s just a personal thing, but in general I think too much stuff like foreign ethnic association (when I have been born in the US) corrodes American national life.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Alexander, good thoughts there!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome to the forums! Don’t hesitate to chime in!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Tsar, The economic collapse type scenario is the one I believe the most. The National Debt doesn’t add up!
    People need to wake up! the math is there.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome Tsar. Are you aware that Tsar is derived from the Roman ‘Caesar’?

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

And so is the German Kaiser . Kind of interesting that both the words came from countries where Rome was not very successful .

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

I was aware. I have a joke:

“Declare me KaiTsar of _________”

By the way Tolik, I used to also be a big Germanophile. Maybe I still am a little bit.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have German heritage on my mothers side , but after being with my Sweety for several years ………..I changed my allegience to Russian . Especially after what happened in WW2 …………….I can see why there was so much bloodthirsty hatred on the Russians side . Americans being so far removed from most everything , have a real hard time understanding the depth of what happened .Just Sayin .
    I used to work with a guy from China years back , and he said that , to this day , there is a deep hatred of Japanese , and you would be hard pressed to find a family in China that didnt have a relative abused by the occupation .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I think all occupation has some abuse even today. War is not enough eyes looking at all there armies to see the abuse of some. In the old wars like WW2 there was none!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.