Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sam Gold
    Sam Gold
    Veteran
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Sam Gold, 40 Male Richmond, TX

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I grew up in the fire and brimstone preaching Pentecostal religion. After discovering the sin/joy of masturbation and later, loose women, I figured I should hedge my bets and prepare to endure the “Great Tribulation” LOL! Dogma aside, I was taught and came to understand that hardship and catastrophic change are a natural part of man’s natural cycle and only a fool doesn’t prepare.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Due to my religious indoctrination, I have simply accepted that contemplating SHTF or apocalyptic events is an ingrained part of my psyche. I don’t know what form “the change” is going to take or what its scale will be, but If you prep for famine, war and pestilence in general, then death may not find you.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

It is my philosophy that one must not just survive but also thrive. We are here to organize, build and create. Those of us who are fit to be here thrive on the challenge.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable”.
    – George S. Patton

“You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want”.
    – Zig Ziglar

“Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise!”
    Proverbs 6.6

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do”.
    – Bruce Lee

“A prudent person forsees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
    Proverbs 27:12

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Believe in something. Stand for something. Protect those you love. Take the lead.

Prepare with an Absolute Sense of Mission.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Great to have you and welcome Sam!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Sam, great to have you here. I agree, I also prep for simply “living without the system”. Whatever will cause this, is fun and interesting to think about but doesn’t change the way I prepare much.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Greetings, Sam!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Sam!

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Sam!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Sam,
    Thanks for the laugh!
    Glad to have you here.
    I’m interested to hear more of your perspective on things in the forums!
    Hannah

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Glad to have you here, Sam.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Sam – love many of your quotes, personal favorites. Welcome – hope to here more from you here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.