Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

elijah
    Apparently you think that Heaven does not speak to preparedness today?
    Why the separation?

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Bug, I agree with what 74 has said above. Your pastor doesn’t sound like the sort of person you should continue to talk to about prepping issues, or (I suspect) anything else. It sounds to me that you have a pastor who thinks, because he is the pastor, he can meddle in the lives of people in the church and tell them what they should do.

I believe in the biblical teaching of “the priesthood of all believers”, which means that every person saved by Christ alone from damnation and born of the Holy Spirit is a priest and has a direct access and responsibility to Jehovah through our High Priest Jesus Christ, and such a person has no need for any intermediate clergy person to direct them. A pastor, being a shepherd, should concern himself with teaching the Scriptures and the physical and spiritual well-being of the people in his care. He’s not a Boss to tell anyone what to do, and your report of what he has said sounds to me like he is stubborn and can’t bear the idea that he might be wrong once he’s stated his opinion. It’s not his place to accuse you of “trying to justify yourself” when you out-argue him with Scripture. He seems to lack humility. Unless he can show you have taken Scriptures out of context, then the Scriptures say you’re right and he’s wrong.

You can deflect him into thinking the matter is settled,** since your prepping is not any of his business and he is an operational security risk as long as he thinks you may have some preps.

** “I see your point [true] and I don’t think I need to pursue this prepping business any further” [ie, not need to pursue it with him; also true].

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>BobbyD wrote:</div>elijah<br>
    Apparently you think that Heaven does not speak to preparedness today?<br>
    Why the separation?

Bobby, as you already know, there is another specific thread that is devoted to what you have been talking about; this thread here is for a different purpose.

This thread is about what the Bible says about prepping, and things related to that. Posts related to new revelations from heaven or Mary belong in the other thread. These two subjects are not the same discussion and do not cross over, and I believe they should be kept separate.

Your subject generated a lot of discussion, and I found that discussion was swamping the original purpose of this thread and had taken over. In order to preserve the purpose of this thread I separated the two subjects for the convenience of all.

There is also a need for separation to prevent people from bumping heads in arguments about who is right. Not everyone who believes the Bible believes or accepts what you are reporting about Mary, and not everyone wants to read what you have been reporting while they are trying to discuss biblical issues; truly, these two subjects do not belong in the same thread any more than a discussion about vegetable growing belongs in the guns thread.

Please respect the Moderator’s decision and not post about new revelations here, but place them in the other thread.

Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of Bug
    Bug
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks for the replies. I agree with you, especially the last post by elijah. I also appreciate the suggestion of handling it without lying. You’ve got him pegged – he’s from Brazil, so there’s some catholic influence still there, apparently. They see their spiritual leaders (priests) as more authoritative and intermediary. They also seem to think little of women. He does interfere in people’s lives, even went to one woman’s house to tell her to not let her children listen to one friend of theirs who has some wrong beliefs. Once he spent an entire hour trying to talk me out of having any interest in what’s going on in the world in the area of politics. I was ready for him that time, because I could feel it coming, and won the argument, for once (probably due to his wife praying during the discussion as she disclosed to me later). He actually said he just wanted me to have a happy life “cleaning the house.” Based on my studies of psychology, I believe he is bi-polar, never depressed but often manic without the psychosis. You can’t imagine the run-ins I’ve had with this man, as I am a reasonably intelligent woman and very opinionated (in a good way, I hope). The problem is, we are Messianic Believers who worship on Saturday, and there are no other churches like this in town.

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

elijah
    I can handle that.
    At the same time, an unintended effect may be to shut some readers off from other points of view.
    Personally, I believe that we are being given aids to living the gospel message on a current basis, even though there is nothing NEW proclaimed here beyond the original deposit of faith (the Bible). Considering the state of affairs today in our country, we can use all the help we can get. Why not let each person make that judgment?

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Bug wrote:</div>The problem is, we are Messianic Believers who worship on Saturday, and there are no other churches like this in town.

Yes, I can see you have a problem. I pray in the name of Christ to Jehovah that he will lead you in the direction he wants you to go in, and will reveal his will for you, so that you can be in the situation he wants you to be in. Would you consider searching out a good, Bible believing and doing church? I could give a link that might help locate one.

I hope you will keep us updated with how things develop.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

elijah, Thank you for all your post here, I do read them all even tho I sometimes do not post a response. I just wanted to let you know this. I am a believer that God has always wanted his people to prepare.

Profile photo of higherview
    higherview
    Survivalist
    member2

Here are a few scriptures which have molded my view toward preparedness –

Prov 22:3 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.

Psalm 32:6 “Let everyone that is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found, for surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him.
    7 You are my hiding place; You will preserve me from trouble”

1 Tim 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Profile photo of higherview
    higherview
    Survivalist
    member2

Yesterday I ran into the pastor of some friends and we had a interesting consecration. After greetings he mentioned some old research books which were offered to him which he wished now he had accepted as he realizes everything he does – his work – is on his computer now and “that could be gone in an instant”. He started describing what I said sounded like an EMP. At any rate he was saying it was good to look ahead and prepare. He talked about defense and asked my opinion on Christian ethics for self defense & preparedness. We spoke about South African Pastor Charl Van Wyk’s book “Shooting Back” and I mentioned a statistic that he had not heard (most haven’t) that there have been more people killed in Church shootings than in school shootings in the USA. At one point his said he thought we were going to go to war. When I asked if he meant in the middle east he said not, right here at home, people are bing pushed by the government and he felt they would not take too much more. It was an interesting conversation.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.