Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Well folks here we go. Now the OPM is saying over 5.56 million persons had their fingerprints stolen.
    What a crock of sh**!!!
    Robin

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/opm-56m-sets-of-fingerprints-lost-in-hack/ar-AAeGOqs?ocid=spartandhp

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Perhaps there is no relevancy but the question that occurs to me is whether a govt that cannot protect its databases from cyber hacking is capable of projecting cyberwar themselves.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB,
    How could there be no relevancy? The government if filled with incompetents and sorry to say I’m sure the military is as well. I guess the good news is that they won’t be using the stolen fingerprints until after the invasion, when they need to ID former military, government, and security personnel.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

And note that the total number of people whose SSNs, addresses, and other personal data was stolen is holding steady at 21 million folks! That’s better than 10% of the U.S. workforce! (though some of those are also probably foreign nationals)

The bottom line is that we ain’t got no anonymity. Just consider what’s available already within the US and other westernized nations in the way of DNA, fingerprint, and other data, and think about the battle-testing that’s already gone into such things as the following:

During the height of U.S. operations in Afghanistan, the military fielded a device to take fingerprints, iris scans, and photos of people with whom troops came in contact. It was called the Biometrics Automated Toolset, and its data went on to populate the Defense Department’s Automated Biometric Identification System.

“When we first went out with fingerprints we got about a 5 percent match rate. Now we’ve populated the database, so we get 40 percent match,” said Fitz. He hopes DNA matching will show the same rapid improvement.

(full article here)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.