Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,

Look this is a nice idea that will not produce the desired results. I have a lot of experience as a professional wooden boat builder, working with different woods and used pine for plugs. Dry or green the pine is not going to allow water to drain a pail fast enough to get a cup of water in 12 hours. Even if you put the pine plug on the end of a garden hose with 30 psi it will only produce about a pint in 12 hours if your lucky.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Boatbuilder, hey? As a woodworker, etc, I’ve always had a fascination with lapstrake boats, and always wanted to build my own yawl… just something small to cruise around in. Even a canoe yawl. Clenched copper nails, roves, the whole 9 yards. Really studied hard about them a few years ago before practical projects, etc, took precedence…

Still would like to build one before I’m dead and gone…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Melgus,
    Well now that would be a pretty boat. Might come in handy too if you need an escape pod during shtf. Try a Rozinante” Double Ended Canoe Yawl. I was young when I was building boats, not so much now.
    Actually if I need to travel south and the roads are blocked, I will probably use a few canoes and small boats. I have one dam between me and the ocean 300 miles away.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.