Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks to everyone for contributing those great reviews. Check out all knife reviews over here.

Whirlibird got lucky in the random draw and will get the ESEE Knives Izula II Black Knife with Survival Kit.

Now its time to vote on your favorite review. Just post below which one you like most and in 7 days we will send out the Tri-Angle Sharpmaker Set from Spyderco to the next winner.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Congrats Whirlibird!!!!

Profile photo of rooikat
    rooikat
    Survivalist
    member1

Good reviews! I personally liked Jay’s Cold Steel Bushman review the best, as I am on a affordable knife trail.

I ended up with a Cold Steel Bowie blade Bushman, myself. Same knife, but with an all-American twist.

Profile photo of Koldsteel
    Koldsteel
    Medic
    member1

Very well written reviews. I own a few of the knives on this list. My personal favorite is the Cold Steel SRK in Carbon V. It has a thick spine for rugged use and keeps an edge like few others. The Kraton handle is comfortable and fine motor control with the blade is attainable. I’ve been looking for a replacement sheath for a while, so I’ll be checking the SpecOps model out for sure.

Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Congratulations Whirlibird, it looks like really cool knife!

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

Congrats Whirlibird, good job.

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Many congrats Whirlibird, make sure you post a review of the knife ;)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yes Toby, waiting and looking forward to that too.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

My best review was Selco AK 47 Bayonet, reason is I own one and the AK 47 Bayonet can cut wire which is needed if you need to go though a fence. This bayonet will do it all. Selco beat me to it so I didn’t post my AK 47 Bayonet. Another thing is they are built for war so you will have a hard time breaking one.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlybird,

Congrats on the new knife.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

My vote is for Rowan’s Cold Steel Gurka review. I think it made the best technical review and was well written.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm, another missing post.

There were a lot of very good reviews, I’m glad it was a random drawing as I could not have chosen.

The next winner, the Spyderco sharpener is getting a great tool, been using one for nearly two decades now and haven’t found anything better.

II’ll be posting a multi part review, as time afield allows it will become more detailed.

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

Congratulations Whirlibird. Enjoy your prize.

I have one I use as a neck knife. I just have the knife and sheath, not all the fancy stuff you have, grin.

I stripped of the coating, I think that any coating reduces the performance of the blade. Underneath was a dull satin finish.

I also reground the back of the blade so it sparks a ferro rod better.

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

My vote goes to Midsouth Mitch. An extensive review on a great knife.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

We dont have a clear favorite here. I guess we do a random draw of everyone mentioned?

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.