Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I heard this on the radio today. Google purchased Titan Aerospace. A company known for building high altitude drones that can fly for very long periods of time. “The goal is to bring the internet to more remote areas and boost Google Earth.” Just what we need a private company that the government can use to do things it “can’t.”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, I saw it on Fox News. They said that Titan Aerospace drones can fly from 3 to 5 years without stopping. This is another thing for all of us to be on the look out. I agree with you since we know they let the NSA get all the info on us.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I think the drones will be hard to look out for. They fly at 65,000 ft. lol

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, Yes we will not see them but they can see us! On Google map you can sometimes see someones back yard.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes Google Earth/Maps scares me. Especially street view. I use Earth quite a bit for work and it is amazing what you can see.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

From what I understand, Google is planning to set up some form of internet that’s accessible all over the globe (think of it like a GPS system). There are multiple companies that have been talking about doing this but IMO this just puts google ahead of the pack. I wouldn’t worry too much with it. Sure drones can be used in a hostile manner, but there are ways to counter them.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr. Red, Agree with you on this one. Drones have been used in the two wars and we didn’t win did we! And the other side didn’t have planes!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

The guys from Google X (the research part of Google) have all sorts of crazy ideas to bring Internet to everyone. They also consider high-alltitude balloons.

Im not overly worried about Google. From all major companies they seem to be one of the lesser evils out there. Sure they suck up all information and then use this information to tailor the ads they show you, but this is a price I’m personally willing to pay for the free pretty great services like gmail or google maps they offer.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.