Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I think I will take a “wait and see” position.
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is good news since Boehner never stood his ground against Obama. He always went to the Democrat vote to win and pass a bill that the Republicans would not pass. He was not wanted by the Republican Tea Party which I believe is getting stronger by the day and may take the power of the house in the 2016 elections. Boehner’s time is up.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of freedom freedom.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

He was indistinguishable from the Democrats. No loss in his leaving.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I won’t miss him a bit. With that said, I just can’t help the strong feeling that there is much more behind this. And what seems additionally odd to me is that if he’s so into doing the right thing, why did he tell the voters in his district – which he says mean a lot to him – that he doesn’t intend to carry out the mandate THEY gave him. They sent him to Washington to represent them, and he just walked away from that. Resigning as Speaker doesn’t require kicking his constituents to the curb. Why that too? If he says it’s to avoid being a distraction, that’d be a cop out. He merely needs to get a spine and say, “No, I’m no longer Speaker, and I’m not going to participate in this (or that) discussion,” and walk away. If he chose to, he could act like any freshman congressman, and still represent the interests of his district – if that was really his motive ….

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, I do agree with you but I personally think that they all like power and once that is taken they do not want to be there.
    Also I think that all congress man/women terms need to be limited to eight years. This will help laws to be passed for the people. Who and also Boehner doesn’t have a spine!

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Who expects the present day Repuglicon party to select a squeaker with the cajones to go to the mat against Zero? Sadly, Boehner was/is truly representative of the majority of his party.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Something clicked in Boehner with the arrival of the Pope. I listened to his resignation speech and I think it’s all about the next budget confrontation coming up. The Pope was here to give the last rites. Yeah. Whatever made Boehner resign, he considers it apocalyptic. He’s talking about an all out fight in congress. Take no prisoners, no hold barred just preserve the institution is his last cry.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.