Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Oh… Forgot to also say……

Why is it that you pay $600+ for a brand new Beretta 92a1 and then have to drop another $140 into it for steel parts kit, skeletonized hammer, and good springs? I would think that these sorts of parts would come with the gun to begin with. This seriously blows my mind that I have to upgrade my guns when I buy them.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sled:
    There’s a reason some of us pick up the older 92’s and just replace the springs, locking block and add a light rail.

For your son, there’s always the Walther P-38, P-1 and P-5 pistols, they all eject to the left side.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Really? I will have him take a look at those for him. Thank you……

I really like my Beretta 92’s. All the time I spent carrying one in military and all the rounds I put through mine just gave me a soft spot for that platform.

Just got in the new Elite II hammer for it. The grips and springs should be here this week as well. Already did the metal parts kit. The safety/decocking lever was a PAIN…..

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Really? I will have him take a look at those for him. Thank you……

I really like my Beretta 92’s. All the time I spent carrying one in military and all the rounds I put through mine just gave me a soft spot for that platform.

Just got in the new Elite II hammer for it. The grips and springs should be here this week as well. Already did the metal parts kit. The safety/decocking lever was a PAIN…..

I’ve always thought a Beretta Cheetah model 82 with the tip up barrel would be cool to have. But all this upgrading … seems odd to me. Like it will be a different gun when you finish. For style though Beretta certainly has Glock beat. Especially wood grips. Can a .380 beat a 9mm…. Yup sure can if it has the right feel. So I’m inclined to agree with what you’re saying Sled.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Same gun, nonplastic parts.

Much like changing a 1911 trigger and mainspring housing to metal from plastic.

The parts do the same thinf, the same way, you just don’t have polymer embrittlement issues later.

P.S. Sled,
    While you’re putting in new parts, add a “D” model hammer spring.
    You’ll thank me later.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I will see about getting one. Which brand is a good choice? I am looking at Wilson Combat and see 4 options there. Beretta brand D version is like $6 on Brownells.

Also, do you have any recommendations for upgrading performance of my Para Ordnance Expert 1911? I dislike the heavy and almost gritty trigger pull. I am also not against different barrel configs and such either. I was planning on swapping all the blued parts over to stainless so it matches the rest of the pistol. All, but the hammer that is.I like the skeletonized hammer look, but would not be opposed to swapping it out if need be.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

How skilled are you with stones?
    If not just get the Cylinder & Slide drop in hammer, trigger, sear sets.
    I avoid and swap out all MIM parts when I can for forged or barstock parts, not cheap but I figure my life is worth it.
    And I’ll bet dollars to donuts your HTS is all MIM.

Go with the standard Beretta spring, its 90% of a pro trigger job in the Berettas.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Stones as in stones, ceramics, and strops for polishing/sharpening? I am a fair hand at polishing and sharpening things. I polish my own feed ramps, have done hammer repairs on several SA revolvers with my Dremel, etc.

I was looking at the parts I will need to swap out for my 1911 (minus the hammer and trigger – didn’t check sear). It seems like a complete swap will be around $150-$200 from what I have priced. What would a good hammer/trigger/sear set be for that 1911?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sorry, forgot about this completely, will get you a list of what and where when I’m on a real computer.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A funny thing happened recently.

Ironically, after all that stuff about the .40 and G23, I ended up with another.

20+ years later, another Gen2 was obtained.
    A deal that could not be passed up, carried a lot, shot little, and ugly.
    If my first Gen2 had shot like this one, I’d still have it.

Still don’t like the .40 but its slowly growing on me again.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.