Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

For emergency situations , its good to have a radio to keep up on what is going on , there are many kinds , The Raptor is the one I picked up , it has several features , that some of the others do not have , it biggest sellers for me is that it can recharge your other devices with its solar panel , now this is important because there are a lot of emergency radios out there that have either solar or hand crank recharge ability or both ……..what they dont tell you is that they will NOT charge other devices , only the radio itself .

The Raptor will . it also has some handy features on it , like compass , barometer , temperature , altimeter ,time and a flashlight . The flashlight actually lasts a pretty long time and is pretty bright for what it is . The radio is AM/FM /NOAA , reception is pretty good , I have tried it out on packing trips , and found it quite useful . I put mine in a military walkie pouch , that seems to fit it perfectly , or you can just clamp it onto your pack with the built in carabiner , and let it charge itself while you hike .

The only things I dont like about it , are that the instructions suck , the controls could be better on set up , but you get used to it ….always keep the crppy instructions on you , because the controls are NOT self explanatory . Are there better things out there ? Sure are , depends on what your needs are . This is fine for me and for its designed role .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks for sharing Tolik, looks pretty good to me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.