Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Long term grid down scenarios will lead to significant SHTF scenarios. My family is rural homesteading folk with good family network and community. However I pray to we never see the issues associated with long term interruption in power grid. Urban environments will be hard hit right away. Article here:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/04/pro-nuclear-anti-nuclear-advocates-support-cheap-way-prevent-extinction-level-event.html

“Well-known physicist Michio Kaku and other members of the American Physical Society asked Congress to appropriate $100 million to harden the country’s electrical grid against solar flares. As shown below, such an event is actually the most likely Armageddon-type event faced by humanity.”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

chester, an EMP will be an Armageddon my kill 70 to 80% of the population, maybe more. The government does not want to harden the electrical grid. If they did they would have done this a long time ago. They have known this years ago and have not done anything.

So what do we do? Get as prepared as we can.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Yep. Let’s hope the day never comes but let’s prepare for the worst & hope for the best. Grid down scenarios can come before an EMP (see below). We live in rural West & lifestyle around homesteading and all the skills that come with that. I can’t imagine folks in big cities unprepared for emergences living through weeks without electricity.

“”The Wall Street Journal reported last month that a federal analysis indicated that a coordinated terrorist strike on just nine key electric transmission substations could cause cascading power outages across the country.”” Article:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/09/power-grid-threats-report-mishandled-by-feds-energy-dept-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

chester, And the transformers are built in Germany and the take a year to build so if nine go down we are in for a long grid down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.