Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I know lots of people don’t believe in this – but I have practiced this over the years and believe there is merit in it. Have you ever dowsed for water? Had any luck? I never bothered to dowse our property because there is already a lot of water here – and just found more (but not by dowsing)

Anyway it’s an interesting idea. Thoughts/experiences?

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

My father can do this. I have witnessed it. He can tell you where the water is and within a few feet how deep it is. He once got paid $100 to find buried water pipes on a job site.

The underground portion of a large job site had been completed years before and the drawings showing where everything was had been lost. The contractor who had performed the work had gone out of business. So no one had a clue where the water drain pipes and supply pipes had been terminated pending further development of the property.

My Dad told the GC he could tell him within a few feet the depth and location of every pipe on the property for $100. Because the pipes had water in them he was able to Dowse exactly where the pipes were laid and where the capped ends were and how deep they were. Doing this saved the General Contractor thousands of dollars he would have spent digging holes until he located them.

My Dad does this with two brass brazing rods and my Grandfather could do it with a forked limb from an orange tree.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yea, I have witnessed it too, 2-3 times, and each time worked.
    Actually I do not know what is behind it, but simply it works.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

I don’t know how it works either, and have never tried it myself, nor seen it done. Yet my FIL and my stepdad did it extensively, both for water and for underground pipes. I think Bushrat has used it on pipes, need to ask him later.

My stepdad (in Australia) used it to help many people. One was a station (ranch) owner whose stock were dying from drought; stepdad found water to drill for and saved the place.. Second, was my parents’ lawyer who purchased an antique “Queenslander” bungalow and wanted to move it to a hilltop with gorgeous view. But, no water available according to the “experts”. My stepdad came and found it… Two very happy people.

Tweva, can you please give instructions for newbies like myself? Thanks!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Best is to start to learn about it and practice although some people are just very good at easily clearing their mind and listening to their instincts (the little voice within) naturally. And people don’t just ‘dowse’ for water! – or just use dowsing sticks or rods. Fascinating subject – have fun.

British Society of Dowsers forum
    American Society of Dowsers, series of articles on how to dowse free

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I have used the two wire version of this to locate pipes but have never tried it for underground bodies of water. To do it take 2 pieces of wire about 12″ long and bend them in an L shape. The short side of the L needs to be a little longer than the width of your hand. Hold the short end loosely, one in each hand, like you would a bat or shovel handle letting the tip of the wire rest on your pinky finger to keep it from slipping through your hand. Hold the wires out in front of you like you are carrying 2 mugs of beer. Make sure the long side of the L is pointing straight ahead. Begin walking. Remeber dont grip the wire, just let it rest in your hand. When you cross a water line the wires will start to turn inward towards each other. When they form a straight line parallel with your chest you are right over the water line. Mark the spot and then move over a few feet and repeat the process. When you cross the water line again mark that spot. Draw a line from yuour first mark to your second mark. That is the direction the pipe is going. When water moves through a pipe it creates static charge. The wires react with charge like a magnet and it causes them to move. That is how the wire method works.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I personally have not seen it done in front on me. I find it interesting and would like to see it done.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Bushrat has not actually done it, but stood beside a coworker who dowsed to locate underground oil pipes. Think I need to try this…. Too many interesting things on this forum! How will I ever get my daily work done??? :)

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

We had to pay the local “water man” to do this before getting our well drilled. It comes with the well drilling service. He first found water in a not so good spot of our garden. It was down a slope and we would have to pump the water not only out for the ground but also up to the house all the time. I let him search again in an area next to the house and he found a spot there too. :)

Not sure what to think about this, but we have a decent 80m deep well now and that’s what matters.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay in is interesting but I also am not sure what to think about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.