Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

Selco wrote: It is also good to have some amount always with you, in case of bribing someone in first days of chaos, when people still gonna think that money matters.

Thanks Selco. As usual, I wasn’t even considering having to do that. My normalcy bias is still hard at work which is why this site is so valuable.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I heard of folks saving silver quarters and dimes. One guy said he is using the new quarters to load 12 g. shells. Wonder if that works?
    Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin,
    Definitely not.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

LOL! A 12 gauge is .770″ bore, IIRC. (.729 up to .800, wiki)
    A Quarter is like .950″ (.955″ goog)

Now I have heard of Dimes being used as 12 gauges plate projectiles. Plus you get 5 for the price of 2 quarters LOL!
    A Dime is .705″ and cannot stick in a 12 gauge, unless several of them were somehow wedged. Just FYI, Robin!
    It may be needed some day, and if it is werewolves, use SILVER DIMES! I just got in another 50 silver dimes, and
    3 5 gram ingots, 2 Maples, and 7 copper rounds :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The old “Stack o’ Dimes” load, the problem comes from both aerodynamics and shot weight with modern dimes.
    The old silver ones worked better, but not much.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot35.htm

Basically, worthless.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

A friend, Bruce Beach of Ark Two, sent an email today to a bunch of folks. I wanted to give the complete section but this will have to do:
    “7. It all comes down to money. Not just money but currency. What is going to be the World’s currency? At the moment it is the US dollar but on June 8th (that is THIS Monday) Russia is opening its own oil exchange to trade crude oil and petroleum products for rubles and gold. This is the NUCLEAR BOMB of the financial world.

8. An agreement has already been made between Russia and China, signed just last week, and now you can see in #6 above what is happening with Iran. This is also the subject with Syria, and there are many other countries in the world being courted who may jump on the band wagon to be in the oil trading business with Russia. Europe will be needing Russia’s oil come winter.
    Unquote.
    China has already established direct currency exchanges with Japan and other nations.
    Monday should be interesting.

Robin

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Selco. As usual, I wasn’t even considering having to do that. My normalcy bias is still hard at work which is why this site is so valuable.

Sure, it does not necessary need to be money, small valuable things will do the job. I mentioned before that I am not some big fan of having big amounts of gold or silver for SHTF time, I preffer other usable things.

But also small “cheap” everyday golden things like gold rings and necklaces will work for bribing in first days too. I have that stuff for that purpose.

If you want to go over some checkpoint it is good to bribe the man with “my mother golden ring” or similar.
    That things work in first days of chaos.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have a bank account for my company and a personal account with just the amount to pay the bills. No extra money in the accounts.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I also only have enough in the bank to get me through monthly bills and a few unpleasant financial surprises (ex: car transmission takes a bow). The rest is distributed between precious metals, cash, and supplies.

The way I look at it, this financial shakedown has a million and one different ways it could play out, and so I’m staying properly diversified.

The people at work are always shocked when I tell them I haven’t signed up with the 401k option, ‘but they match 6% of your contribution!’ I always give them some mysterious reason why I haven’t, like ‘nah, I do my own investing. 6% isn’t good enough.’

Can’t let them know I’m anticipating the myRA program going mandatory… the sheep might get upset… and you never want to scare the sheep.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.