Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ Glocker,

They shoot fucking well.

Really.

Perhaps you have a different strain of gang banger in SA. Here in the states, I’ve said – and heard it said elsewhere – that the safest place to be, statistically anyway, when confronted with an armed gang member is standing directly in front of them with a rotating light on your head.

Their shooting is worse than abysmal. It would be genuinely hilarious if they didn’t incur collateral damage. Shootout between two – or several – bad guys? People several blocks away minding their own business are hit. People in houses in random directions are shot completely by accident. It is rare for a gang banger to actually hit and intentionally kill the person he was aiming at. When things like that happen, chances are they were close enough to touch each other. I’m convinced that if a random gang member of ours were on a cruise ship and he threw himself overboard, it would still be a complete accident that he hit the ocean.

I forget the actual FBI numbers, but I think it was something like out of all shootings, only about 5% of shots fired actually hit their target. And of those, only 5% of the hits are fatal. So 5% of 5%… or, 1 in 400.

I do not automatically discount any opponent. Murphy’s Law and all that. But, taken as a whole, they are a rather unimpressive bunch.

And this —> Also when there only escape is to get through you…..you bet your ass they are staying to shoot it out with you.

Even the smallest animal, when cornered, will fight teeth and claws to the death. So, unless your goal is to trap them and then kill them to the last man (which is not a terrible idea. Flying the Black Flag sends a clear message to the rest of them), then you have to allow them a way out or at least the opportunity to escape. The alternative – complete elimination – can be hard for some people to live with.

Which begs the question: Which is better? Complete elimination and letting that speak for itself? Or allowing one or two to escape and them let them tell the tale and spread the word? Of course, any leader worth the name will pump them for intelligence on you and your redoubt, so by letting them escape you compromise yourself…

But that’s a whole ‘nother barrel of fish….

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

One has to remember that not all gang bangers are created equal.
    Nor are all shooters.

We have all seen the reports of shootings where dozens of shots were fired but nothing was hit.
    And that’s from both good guys and bad.

The problem is that not all bad guys are bad shots, some are practicing, some are getting training as good as anyone else.
    There’s a reason there’s so many bangers in the military, its not just theft, but taking knowledge back to the gang.

These MS13 and Zeta pukes are practicing, the Denver gangs also, some more than the cops.

And with all these little punks coming back with combat experience, it is something ro be aware of.

As to SA, here’s something to consider.
    What happened to all the Russian trained commie terrorists since 1989?
    Do you think they haven’t passed somemof their skills down?
    Heck, you think they aren’t involved today?

Get training, don’t hesitate.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirl,

In this – your post – we are in agreement. For a change. Shocker, I know.

Yes, the scumbags and orcs are sending some members into the US military with the lone intention of acquiring skills, then having them come back and instruct the rest. I’m not going to discount any orc or scumbag that crosses my path, simply because with my luck, I’ll square off against the one guy who enlisted as Infantry and spent a year in Fallujah.

That being said, I have to offer this caveat – when I was in the military – and Infantryland in particular – the closer one came to squaring off with genuine Bad Guys, the whiter the troops became. I know what that sounds like, but it’s true. The Army in particular has spent about a zillion dollars and many studies trying to figure out why they cannot get anyone other than white boys to sign up for Infantry MOS’s, and also how to tempt non-whites into those MOS’s as well. The farther away you get from Bad Guys – admin jobs, etc – the more diversities you find.

Which means – if you consider the odds – that if you run into one of those prior service goons or orcs, he probably had basic rifle instruction and such back in Boot, but relatively nothing since then. Just doing his gas-pumper, truck driver, burger flipper MOS and a once a year qual on the M16. But, he probably passed his BRM skills onto others… which is bad.

Now, I might be operating on dated information, but discussions with other vets I know – some of them recent returns from the catbox – bear this out generally. Once you get into the higher echelons – Airborne, SF, Ranger, Pathfinder, etc, those units are composed of almost all white boys, with a few token diversities here and there.

Taken as a whole, you put up a good post. It was not my intent to sound so derisive and dismissive about potential opponents – they should all be taken seriously until proven otherwise. Like Selco said – no matter how bada$$ you are, you can always get whacked by some old grandpa with his creaky old WWII boltgun and 70 year old ammo…

The Zeta’s bother me. US trained. Good thing there’s not a whole lot of them. They use the MS13 goons – and others – as foot soldiers. But in the end, they are men. Men bleed and men die. They are not invincible.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Best stay in ‘white’ areas and fill up with jerry cans.

http://rekordcenturion.co.za/42259/national-news-police-watch-violent-attack-without-helping/

Well, I can see the one police officer trying to restrain and talk to two attackers. This is just one example why white people are trying to leave the country. These people have no respect for the police force; will commit crime in their presence. Those young people could have been killed if it weren’t for the police being there.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

As we contemplate how the future may play out in different countries and cultures around the world, and see the situation in SA as being especially difficult for those of European descent, I find myself thinking what a great addition those folks would be to most other countries. A people with a great love of their land who have sacrificed so much over the centuries to build a life and a country are a people who I think would make for a great addition to a new adopted country.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

MB,

I’ve had that very thought.

Even played the “what if” game…

If I hit the lottery – I mean the really big Powerball lotteries for a couple hundred million dollars – I thought it would be awesome to set up some sort of sponsor/relocation program for Afrikaners and Boers. By all indicators, they are not wanted in SA – I think that the SA government keeps them there because they know if they all leave, everything will collapse completely. Why else would they charge such outrageous amounts of money to emigrate? The fees are so high, almost nobody can afford them anymore… and anyone who can afford them is already long gone…

So, I figured if I ever hit for that huge pile of cash, I’d do what I could and save as many Afrikaner and Boer families as I could… plenty of land around here for sale and they’d be quite an asset in a future crisis…

Everyone would leave if they had somewhere to go. Those who are left just cannot afford to go. They only keep us here for the taxes we pay and the businesses we run. Now they are talking of taking the farms and any business with a turnover over 15 million Rand a year must give 51% to a black partner. This will collapse the economy.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

dorette,

Thanks for backstopping my point – from this end and at a range of some several thousand miles – it seems that you all are a hated minority, but you are kept from leaving because they milk you all like cows. They are such hypocrites they will spout and spew the egalitarian line in public, but in private, they know that if the producer whites pulled stumps and legged it for someplace else, that would spell the end of SA.

And so, even though you are hated, they keep you from leaving by making it economically impossible for you to pay your exit fees. There’s enough producer whites in SA so that if a few get chopped up or murdered some other heinous way, well so what? Another white will step in and take your place elsewhere and they will simply tax them instead of the dead ones.

And heinous murder of whites – at least I’m thinking this is true, please correct me if I am in error – with whites being a minority, will serve to keep the rest of the whites compliant and quiet. Speak up for yourself, well, you might find yourself hacked up with machetes… So, you try to be The Grey Man. This works. For awhile.

But it cannot continue forever. Eventually, they will simply kill off the whites (already in progress) or the whites will revolt (also, already in progress) or the whites will simply tell the SA government to eff off and leave anyway (don’t know if this is already in progress).

That is a truly horrible situation to be in…

I made the statement a long time ago (elsewhere on the net) that my door is always, and will always, be open to anyone from SA who wanted to immigrate to the US from SA and needed a place to stay and someone to teach them about how things are done here, no questions asked. I’ve already talked it over with my wife, and she is in agreement.

I cannot take many – only one or two, at most 3 – as our farmhouse is rather small, but our place is at your disposal if needed. My word to God as a gentleman, a solider and a Southerner.

Malgus, you and your wife are truly amazing. The problem is to get your visa because me and my husband are fairly old (he is 58 and I am 52). So our main priority is on getting the children out. My daughter is currently 1st year at University and my boy is in Grade 9. It is heartbreaking to send your children away but that is the only way for us. There is no future for whites in South Africa. If things deteriorate badly I might take you up on the offer to get my boy out until things normalize. He has a USA visa that is still valid for a few years.

Those of us who could get out did so already. South Africa still has one of the highest murder rates in the world with 31 murders per 100000 people in 2012 – five times the global average of 6.2 per 100000, according to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime’s … Read the rest

Heard on the radio today that the murder rate has increased from 45 murders a day to 47.

The latest murder rate has just been released. http://www.expatcapetown.com/crime-in-south-africa.html

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

dorette, I hadn’t heard about that 51% ownership things. To see the future you only need to look north towards Zimbabwe.

dorette, does your daughter also have a visa? Most colleges these days seem to have exchange programs. It is worth looking into.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The things that goes through your mind. I’ve also looked into sending my son. Even looked at family that managed to immigrate successfully adopting. It is not that easy.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard or Dorette, is it difficult to leave SA ostensibly on vacation? Once out, they can’t force you to come back. Of course getting permission to stay where you went on “vacation” is far from assured.

The thing is you have to be able to survive on the other side. Sure you can get out on a holiday but you have to survive on the other side too. My boy has a visa for the USA as he played tennis and went over to train at ATM University in Texas a few years ago. They give you a 10 year visa. Hopefully we would be able to get him out. You can fly to Chile or Mauritius without a visa if you would be able to get on a flight. We have a real possibility here of an electricity blackout as the grid is under terrible strain. Affirmative action over the past 20 years, whites were encouraged to take retrenchment packages, maintenance weren’t done and the fact that the ANC decided to roll out electricity to everyone whether they can pay or not for the electricity has caused havoc. In the case of a national blackout it can take months to get the grid up again and apparently you would need electricity from somewhere to get the system up again. We supply all the neighbouring countries with electricity so I cannot see how that is going to happen. There are some people speculating that it would take up to 2 years for them to build new powerstations in order to jumpstart the system back up again. In the case of this happening, you would have anarchy. ATM’s not working, shops, banks etc. closing down. We already have a problem with criminals in this country. When your electric fence and alarm system is not working in this country where people will get hungry and start looting. It will not end well. How do you pay for flight tickets without a bank or credit card that is working? Your best bet most probably would be to get out of the big cities to rural areas or farms. At the moment while the lights are still on, we have private security firms, electric fences, alarm system etc. but once the grid goes down we would be sitting like ducks on a pond.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

For all the reasons you note, people need to decide what their personal trigger point is for leaving, and how it is they will leave. Planes only have so much capacity, and even that can be reduced in a developing emergency. Where to go and what to do once there are critically important questions too, but having answers to that won’t help if there isn’t a solid plan for when and how to leave.

Are there forums or other venues where some might have the inside scoop on the condition of the grid in SA? Most governments tend to minimize the extent of problems and risks with any situation but sometimes there are insiders who know the real score. A grid failure wouldn’t allow time for folks to exit in an orderly manner and so it is imperative to determine what the odds of a collapse really are.

Profile photo of cpa23@cox.net
    cpa23@cox.net
    Survivalist
    member2

So, at 10-1 rand to US$, R 20000 is $2,000 US and a R $8000 would be $800 US.
    Is this math correct?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.