December 11, 2014 at 8:07 pm #31754
tukie2, thanks for information. We are big fans of naturopathic medicine. Our naturopathic doctor has done amazing work with us. I like the idea of working closer with nature to make your health better. It’s a little easier for us with canning our own foods, wild game, and alot of local organic farming. Good thing too with our interest in greater independence and sustainability.December 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm #31755
I agree Chester. It has done miracles for our family. I am not a doc but we have had excellent results. If I give info it’s something my family has personally used and have seen results.December 11, 2014 at 8:58 pm #31757
I’ve got one for you Tukie. My wife has problems with asthma and bronchitis. It usually is only a problem in the fall or with dramatic weather/temp changes. We have tried some oils and have had some descent results as far as congestion but I have not found anything that seems to help with the respiratory infections associated with the bronchitis. Any suggestions? I am just starting to learn about this stuff so bear with me. I know we have used peppermint, eucalyptus and lemon oils but I’m not sure what else she has tried.December 11, 2014 at 9:20 pm #31759
Those are awesome….Respiratory infections in our house we use Ginger root and pineapple juice. If you want to boost it , add a tsp of raw honey to a cooled mixture. Works awesome.December 11, 2014 at 9:24 pm #31760
I have frankincense resin and myrrh resin. I originally got these resins to make homemade incense. Then I found out about the wonderful traditional uses for frankincense and myrrh. Unfortunately, to make a resin extract I need a very strong alcohol (>150 proof) like Everclear, which I don’t have access to.
Do you know how to make an oil based resin?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.December 11, 2014 at 9:42 pm #31766
If you want to make resin extracts…use instead of Everclear, you can use Vodka…that is what we do. If you want to make oil based…get a mortar and pestle or a hammer, and crunch the resin down…probably about 8-10 pieces depending on the size. Put the cracked pieces into a quart mason jar, and pour olive oil over it, put the lid on tight, and let sit in the window for 2-3 days, shaking 3x a day….at the end of the third day strain it out and the oil is now useable.December 11, 2014 at 9:51 pm #31767
By adding the honey to a cooled mixture I am assuming you heat the ginger and pineapple juice. How long and how hot?December 11, 2014 at 9:55 pm #31768
Take about 3 arms off of a ginger root, chop it up, add to 4 =6 cups of water…bring to a boil, then take it down and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off and let sit until cool. Drain out the ginger root, and keep the water. Mix 50:50 with pineapple juice…so if you pour 1/2 cup of water, you put 1/2 cup pineapple juice. I drink that straight like that…but if you add honey, it will help internally and throat as well…just don’t give honey to kids under a year old.December 11, 2014 at 10:07 pm #31771
Awesome thanks so much.December 12, 2014 at 12:02 am #31779
Leopard, I am not familiar with the term tissue salts but one thing I do remember from my grandmother’s home treatments is that she often used epsom salt.December 12, 2014 at 5:20 pm #31812
MountainBiker, there are 12 tissue salts. Here’s a quick overview. (I don’t have much experience with using tissue salts so I have no opinions on this treatment.)
“1. Nat Mur (Sodium Chloride). Use this tissue salt when there are watery symptoms such as tearing, running nose or urinating too much. It’s also great for bringing up a sweat in hot weather. Symptoms are worse in hot weather and evening. Symptoms are too dry someplace and too wet someplace else.
2. Nat Phos (Sodium Phosphate). Look for yellow excretions particularly in the eye or dripping out the nose. Even with these two remedies you can already see how useful they could be. This is also the remedy for acidic conditions such as sour stomach.
3. Nat Sulph (Sodium Sulphate). This is the remedy for symptoms that are worse in the morning no matter what they are.
4. Kali Mur (Potassium Chloride). This remedy is for white secretions. Think pimples with white stuff inside. It’s also for clear, egg white, slimy secretions. The difference between Nat Mur and Kali Mur is whether the substance feels watery (NM) or slippery (KM). Symptoms are worse from motion or rich and fatty foods.
5. Kali Phos (Potassium Phosphate). This is the ultimate cell salt remedy for ‘nerves’. You can bang your thumb and set your nerves right off. You can have a headache and experience pain (these are nerves) or you can feel nervous or stressed. Those with nerve/pain issues should try Kali Phos. Symptoms are relieved by gentle motion, eating, rest, excitement or anything that diverts the mind.
6. Kali Sulph (Potassium Sulphate). This remedy is used for all symptoms that are worse in the evening. It’s also a great skin remedy when there are yellow secretions. Symptoms are also worse in a warm room and better from cool, fresh air.
7. Calc Phos (Calcium Phosphate). We have 57% of this salt in our bones so it’s great for bone aches and growing pains (Ah now you are learning … pain/nerves = Kali Phos + Calc Phos for bones). This might help. You’ll only know if you try and pay attention. It’s also good for teeth. Symptoms are relieved by rest, warmth and lying down.
8. Calc Fluor (Calcium Fluoride). This remedy is great for the tissue that holds us all together, called connective tissue. It’s great for strained backs, varicose veins and hemorrhoids. It’s part of the enamel of the teeth. The symptoms are worse in damp weather and relieved by rubbing.
9. Calc Sulph (Calcium Sulphate). Along with Kali Sulph, this is a great skin remedy. This one is used when healing of skin is slow. This also means the skin constantly has problems. Symptoms are worse by getting wet, washing or working in water.
10. Ferrum Phos (Iron Phosphate). This is the remedy you take when there is any inflammation or anything that gets red like sore throats or fevers with red face. It builds blood, so it’s great when you’re tired. Symptoms are worse by motion and relieved by cold.
11. Mag Phos (Magnesium Phosphate). This is a great remedy for cramps, spasms or convulsions. It can be taken with Kali Phos (nerves/pain). Symptoms are worse from cold air, water and by touch. They get better from heat, firm pressure, friction and bending double.
12. Silicea (Silica). This remedy is found in hair, nails, skin and the covering of bones and nerves. It’s a great skin remedy. For example if you have boil or pimples that haven’t come to a head then Silicea is the remedy. If the skin problem isn’t healing, then use Calc Sulph.”
Here’s some more information: http://www.cellsaltstissuesaltsworld.com/.December 12, 2014 at 10:28 pm #31829
Wow c, I had no idea there were that many salts. Thanks for the info.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.