Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Now that it’s shorts and tee shirt weather I took out the smallest pistol I own, a copy of Walther’s PPK chambered in 22lr made by Erma. I don’t really like the fact that it is a 22 but I think I paid $100 for it and wanted something small I could carry wearing a suit to the office. It might not be the right reasons for buying it but money was an issue. Tonight I looked at the price of 380 PPK’s and they run at about $850. on GunBroker and 22lr PPK’s go for $400. Or better. So I’m not trading up to a 380.

I carried the gun all day doing yard work in a IWB holster and basically forgot it was there. PPK’s weight is 20 oz. My S&W M60 weight is 24.5 oz, not much more but size wise the PPK is thinner and smaller.

This copy is a clone of the PPK and shares the same operation. Double action first shot capability, single action after the first shot. The safety is a decocker with a hammer block and safely drops the hammer.

Accuracy is sufficient for a small gun in close self defense distances. The sights are small and would be useless in low light, just barely functional in daylight.

What little gun do you carry?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

For the longest time it was a Wilkinson Arms Sherry .22.
    Surprising quality, just large enough I could actually shoot it.

I actually wore it out, shooting it.
    Wish I could find another at a reasonable price.

The little Erma .22’s aren’t bad, also imported as the Iver Johnson PX (PK?) 22,
    memory fails me, this late.

The older Walther PP, PPK and PPKs .22’s could be decent trail guns, and passable defense guns (center fire is better), but the new ones are junk. Mere shadows of their former quality.

I refuse to carry a .22 anymore where defense may be a possibility, .32’s are available that fill that bill more effectively and reliabily. I’ve had enough misfires over the years to ever depend on one for my life again.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.