Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

Depends on what “the apocalypse” is. Currently, I’m in San Francisco. The weather here is mild enough: cool and foggy through most of the summer, a week of hot weather, before and after the defined summer season, more fog, some rain the rest of the time, winds rarely exceeding 80 mph, with a light dusting of snow, once every couple of decades. The drought won’t hurt SF much, unless the greenies manage to persuade the Board of Stupidvisors to tear down Hetch Hetchy Dam, currently a tough sell during the drought.

Earthquakes are another matter, though a lot of buildings were repaired and upgraded after the Loma Prieta Quake-up Call, Mother Nature can dish out a lot worse, and nobody can afford to build tall buildings that can withstand 10+ on the Richter scale. Still, they happen a lot less frequently than other natural disasters.

My expectation of an apocalypse worthy of the name, is more along the lines of epidemic diseases, combined with economic collapse, for which few cities, most especially, San Francisco, will, or even can be, really well prepared, without virtually uprooting all normal work and business routines. My wife and I are in the process of getting out, to live elsewhere in the nation.

Cry, "Treason!"