Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

Proteus,
“[H]ow could it be that so much could have been subverted or undermined without major protesting from the people?”

In at least three ways:

(1) The majority of the people have been gradually, but increasingly, mis-educated, over at least the last century. The founders, and the people of the nation, generally, at the time of the Revolution, were mostly taught to read at home — the Bible, as well as many of the classics. There was no strict orthodoxy, imposed by the government, and people studied to improve their knowledge, so as to make themselves capable of earning their living as independent tradesmen and merchants. Most people of the time did not plan to become someone else’s employee. But the Public Fool System was introduced by the big-money interests, specifically, and deliberately to train them to be useful, yet incapable of being independent. (See: The Underground History of American Education

(2) As with the schools, the public welfare system (so-called) and income taxation were introduced and spread gradually. Had they been proposed in any way but as “solutions” to (governmentally caused) calamities, or suddenly imposed wholesale in their current, “advanced,” forms, they might have been rejected, just as presidential (unconstitutional) “declarations” of war might have been rejected by the founding generation. But a majority of the populace, who have been taught, by both doctrine and example, that the government never lacks for authority to do whatever it wishes, just sigh, accept each incremental burden, pay the increased tax, and grumble on, like the harnessed beasts they have become.

(3) Americans of different racial/ethnic/social backgrounds may never have been completely united in cause, but before, and in, the days of my youth, most of them agreed on Biblical principles of conduct — at least enough that they outlawed chattel slavery, then Jim Crow laws, then enforced racial segregation. Primarily by various turns of law, and professional agitation they have been taught to see anyone different as a threat. We are constantly encouraged, by politicians, free-lance agitators, the “news,” entertainment, and “education,” to be at each other’s throats, along racial, social, ethnic, economic, and age lines (did I leave anyone out? Ah yes, gender, all 57 of ‘em.) People who cannot address each other without screaming won’t come to each others’ defense. (See: Martin Niemoller’s sad poem

The mere fact that, since before the Revolution, Americans have been armed, has, until the present psychologically emasculated generation, kept the government, and its financial master/partners, from much mischief that they have indicated they would have liked to impose. But it isn’t weapons that make a defense, half so much as the skill, and willingness to use them. In these trans-gendered times, it’s no longer certain that the boys would (or that the girls could) muster the will (and the underground support) that it would take, to prevent the final triumph of the Police state. I’d like to think they still would, but I’m no longer sure.

Is there a conspiracy*? Well, yes, but most of the participants probably prefer to think of it as a Grand Plan, to run the world in a better way, with themselves at the top of the ladder, and enough rungs missing, between their perch, and the rest of us, that they won’t need to listen to the noise we make as we are trampled by their troops, because, with all the fine, new technology they’ll have at their disposal, they certainly won’t need all us “useless eaters,” except for the occasional transplantable heart, lung, or kidney.

* “We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. … It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.”

“For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” — David Rockefeller

Cry, "Treason!"