Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

Prepwolf – good ideas; having a slingshot would be another thing to add to the BOB and such, BUT before anyone discounts MRE’s (at least the ones actually issued by the US Military – can’t vouch for any others) or freeze dried food stocks and such I’ll tell you about one of my experiments. Around 2004 I found one of the MRE’s that I’d first been issued in the mid-eighties. It was in a box that had been through several moves and with a bunch of crap that I usually kept in a hot garage or shed that easily got up to well over 100 degrees for most of the summers. You know what happened from here – I ate it, just to see what would happen. A 20 year old MRE with a dehydrated beef patty (made that way, not dried out), brown tabasco sauce, brown applesauce, and brown curdled cheese. Despite the appearance of the food, it was all sealed fine with no bloating or other and smelled fine also (otherwise I wouldn’t have tempted fate). The result? Got full with not even a stomach turn.

No intents to hi-jack the topic, but wanted to get that tidbit out. An MRE is a lot easier to hunt than a rabbit or a squirrel – not discounting the worth of a slingshot regardless.

Prepwolf – on securing the tubing; might want to consider a couple of plastic zip ties placed after the tubing attachment areas. I think the added friction would keep them in place a bit better. Look forward to the mods.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine