Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

freedom,

I am well aware what constitutes a civil war. If you re-read my post, nowhere did I say that the situation in New Orleans was a civil war. Perhaps you misunderstood my point, or were hearing what you wanted to hear…

The question was simple – ‘what will the troops do?’. I told you all what they would do, and I don’t think I’m wrong. And I vehemently disagree that the situation in New Orleans was a “small example”. Anyone with their wits about them who wants to know what active duty, reserve and NG troops will do, need only look to what they have done in the past.

I’m speaking from experience. I’ve seen it happen, right in front of me. They won’t be “killing their families and friends” because
1) The higher ups are very aware that NG units are comprised of people from the community and there will be blowback from ordering them to do heinous things.
2) They will move different NG, reserve or active duty units into the area that have no familial ties, loyalty or friends there to solve that problem.
3) FNG’s will say “how high” when you say “frog”… they will obey orders, period. They don’t know enough to make a stand. The older soldiers and NCO’s do, if they’ve got an ounce of brains…
4) Of those who do know better, I would like to think that all of them would make a stand. But, that’s a pipe dream. Very few will.

This –> “I have not meet a military guy that doesn’t believe in the 2nd Amendment.”

It’s not about believing in the IIA. I might have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here –

ALL soldiers and military folks take an oath to support and defend the Constitution. But very, very few can even tell you what the Bill of Rights is, how many Amendments to the Constitution there are or even what any of the amendments actually say (and saying “right to free speech” isn’t an answer…). How can you support and defend something if you don’t even know what it is? Troops are told they have the duty to disobey illegal, immoral or unconstitutional orders – but if they don’t know the law, don’t have a decent moral compass and don’t have any idea what the hell the Constitution says, then how can they legally disobey an order? THAT’S the point. Even if they’re right in disobeying an illegal order, they will still be Court Martialed. Their career will effectively be OVER. And they know it. It takes tremendous intestinal fortitude to make a stand and say “I am not going to follow that order because it is illegal”. And, contrary to what the flag-waivers say, not all service-members are moral, ethical people. Putting on a uniform does not bestow morality or ethics or knowledge of the law or the Constitution… there’s PLENTY of dirtbags in uniform…

If it boils down to it – and I think it will – I would say that less than 25% of troops would refuse an order to fire on civilians. Perhaps as low as 10%. The rest will go along because they either don’t know any better, or they do know better, but they do not have the courage of their convictions…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1