Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://www.timesofisrael.com/choosing-not-to-veto-obama-lets-anti-settlement-resolution-pass-at-un-security-council/

Until recently, I thought my disgust with Zero couldn’t get any worse.
    I was wrong, repeatedly.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

He always was anti-Israel. Most Muslims are.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Just wondering if Bibi will send a few ambassadors to assure that he’s retired.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Wow! Though it’s from another source, AOL News is actually carrying a story about significant Democrat backlash. Whoopee. That’s about as courageous as spitting on the town bully after he’s been put behind bars.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/12/23/democrats-scorch-obama-over-un-vote-condemning-israeli-settlemen/21641282/

Listening to Samantha Powers’ statement after the the U.S. abstention almost made me sick to stomach – it’s the most blatant example of speaking out of both sides of one’s mouth that I’ve heard in a very, very long time. Just sickening to listen to. And what’s far, far worse is that this vote can’t be undone like an executive order cancelling a former president’s executive order(s), or a new congress changing laws. The UN will never back-track on this massive victory. We could never get a counter resolution passed in the UN – we don’t get a do-over on this one. I want to say things that aren’t fit for print. And I hope for outcomes that are even less fit for print. Whirlibird’s in the ballpark, though.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-pick-ambassador-israel-sides-edge-083406166–election.html

This should throw a wrench in the works.

Anyone else see a de-funding of the UN in the immediate future?
    Could be wishful thinking but….

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

On Democrats opposing Obama on this anti-Israel move, it should be noted that some of them have significant Jewish populations in their districts. For them to be anti-Israel will make for a short-lived political career.

I grew up in such an area and can recall one Saturday afternoon in high school when my mother tells me I have to go to confession. She then points one by one to each of my friends and asks them when the last time they went. They didn’t dare lie to her and so she tells them that they have to go too, except she didn’t ask my friend Ira. I’m thinking why is she giving him a pass. Names like Ira weren’t unusual at all there. I didn’t know he wasn’t a Catholic too, just belonging to a different parish is all. Of course he had to walk down to the church like the rest of us, just skipping the confession part is all. I was in college before I even ever knew that anyone was anti-Semitic, and it came as a real shock to me when I found out.

So those Democrats opposing Obama is to be expected.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.