Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Ok now I know some people need to take medication to keep there health up to par, my youngest daughter takes two pills a day and my eldest takes one a day and when and if shtf medical supplies become low and medicine will be almost impossible to come by.

I got this idea from another friend, and a woman who had to take a ton of pills and all she did was skipped a pill every now and than. granted the stock pile of pills will run out but Im sure you or your loved one would rather live longer or you can make enough happen to be weaned off.

and if you dont think that skipping a pill wont add up you will be surprized.

one pill a week is 52 at the end of the year which is 7 weeks of pills!!!!!!

2 pills a week is 104

and so on and so on

just make sure you mark the bottles on what they are

also if you NEED to take these pills now so you dont die please dont skip taking them and im not responsible for anything that happens to you.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Also start looking now for alternatives.

For example my youngest is on two pills for epilepsy that with help and slow weaning I could switch her on to Valerian root to help.

My eldest is ADD and give prozac. We can slowly move to trying these options.

1.  Consider why you might feel depressed. Sometimes depression is a symptom of something circumstantial in your life, rather than biochemical imbalances. Does your job require you to sell out your integrity every day? Have you been unable to admit that you need to end your marriage? Are you feeling spiritually disconnected or sexually restless? Are you suffering from creative blocks? Is your body failing you? Are you facing financial ruin? Be honest with yourself about what might be off-kilter in your life, and make an effort to get to the root of why you might be feeling depressed.

2.  Move your body. Exercise releases happy-making endorphins, which act like natural anti-depressants. Runner’s high, anyone?

3.  Never skip a meal. Keeping your blood sugar stable reduces mood swings.

4.  Eat a serotonin-enhancing diet. Many anti-depressants like Prozac act by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin by receptors in the brain, thereby increasing serotonin levels. But you can increase your brain’s serotonin levels by eating foods that boost your serotonin levels naturally.

Serotonin-enhancing foods include:

Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids (such as wild salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, and anchovies, which are even higher in omega-3 fatty acids than other fish)

Healthy fats like coconut oil

Eat a high protein diet, especially proteins high in tryptophan, like free range turkey

5 Best Snacks to Boost Your Mood

6.  Avoid caffeine, which reduces serotonin levels.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Good idea Gypsy,

That is why I was asking about herbal medicine.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have been talking to my mother about this and she has been saving some of her blood pressure med. I hope she has what she will need.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Great advice Gypsy.

I would like to highlight exercise as a great way to help people with depression. There are several studies out there, like this one.

I also have to rely on Thyroxine (natural hormone my thyroid can’t properly produce) for my chronic thyroid inflammation. Unfortunately I did not find a proper artificial alternative yet, even though some people suggested a few. Whatever I tried so far did not work. I have stocked up on my pills of course, luckily they are freely available.

In any case, a lot of people with my condition have depression and weight problems. I did and occasionally still have shorter (1-2 week) bouts of depression but Im so used to this now that I can manage. The key to all this personally is daily exercise and a healthy diet.

A lot of conditions can be dramatically improved by this. My mother was able to stop taking a lot of medications because she eats a proper diet for her arthritis now.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

Exercise and keeping fit is the ultimate health tonic.

I’m on long term medication and just had some luck. The doctor said I could halve my meds, so my 1 year supply became a 2 year supply.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Rowan, My mother Doctor told her the same. If there is a SHTF halve your meds.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.