Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

gotta say, i like this site. iv been looking for some time, my hats off to selco, ive read every post from two years ago till present and along the way evolved… changed my outlook and priority’s. as a prospector im used to isolation, extreme remote sites and dangerous choices everyday but nothing like the war others talk about. my fear is in the time im out there that S.H.T.F. and i am stuck alone{iv been a loner all my life till i met my wife}

. im heading out this week for another six months in the hills and mountains of the cariboo. its the third year iv networked a group of a dozen good folks. sorta like minded, all descent good standings and morals. the plan is to actually live through next winter in the mountains of the cariboo. with some new ideas in security, and a diverse group of members. we range from fabricator / mechanic, barber, field tech, engineer, teacher, truck driver, musician, construction worker, we have other interests too, i didnt expect everyone to agree with training hard, or learning hand to hand, to eating bugs. it works well, the difference this year is im calling it Free Range Canadians….

i started with $125, got a free miners cert, and placed a claim .5km by .5km along a river. i then make a work site and pitch a base camp. i prep up pathways and makeshift roads, prepare latrines, make observation posts, distance out peaks and knolls, map terrain, take rock and soil samples, dig test holes to 5 feet, do my ore testing.
    by this time a member from the coast arrives with his son, third year in a row. we pick up other work supplies from the secondary camp and while there do an inventory, walk around, and outside perimeter check for signs like animal droppings, disturbances, smells, …carry on back to base camp and set up equipment at the river. we got a highbanker sleuce box, and gas water pump with all the prospecting gear. the first day of run got us 3/4 of an ounce, bout 1,200 in gold. i placed a few adds, but the repondents were all from the cariboo area and i know them. we aquired several claims together and between five of us got over 3000 acres in the mountains. we now build another base camp in our own valley peak to peak. it has two creeks and a river, fertile soil, protection on all sides. ores and fauna, edible wild, just up range are deer, moose and bear, we have range cows that wander around..kinda a nuisance poopin everywhere but oh well. now buddy registers co. and gives an employee a security course to run security team for the company. we have other options open now, sellect logging, standing dead fall for firewood sales, tree farn, and of course theres hard rock minning, and placer minning.
    if we see the hood up, we stop and help. if someone is lost we guide them, if they are hungry we feed them, if they are in harms way we protect them. everyone has a function and they do it well, we now have access to machine equipment and are looking into a hardrock mine liscence on another track of land about 1000 acres.we are eco friendly, responsable, and under B.C. forest steward agreement.however if we dont know you we will take your picture and if possable ask your info for record. all notes are crossed refferenced with office.
    so far most of us have returned every bit of profit back into the claims on costs, gear, maint, theres actualy not much in hand panning, you need the highbanker, or larger yet the trommel.
    THE GOAL.in the event of the hard rock mine being passed, we look back at samples taken showing core material value of 15,000 $ per yard of rock GOLD AND PLATINUM.
    but that is only down the road, its been three going on four years a total of two years iv spent in the bush living on the land. if all goes well at the end of this year we start tunneling, then winter can blow right over us and we’ll keep tunneling….
    so you see i get all excited talking about gold and stuff, then i read a post and think … holy crap im a target! lol.. im still always keeping my eye out for like minded folks, but it sure would be nice to see a self supporting community, off the grid, dug into the side of a mountain..pastures and gardens at the meadow, mine shaft and water wells,
    rantings from a crazy miner guy … the Ahbou-Daddy and the Dang Nabbits of parts known on the trail of them darn nuggets… any folks interested in trying their hand welcome to come fishing…coffee is on..

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

on a side note,

i get a message from my cousin who has a claim near my lower camp, seems a logging company dug up our access road and piled logs then set them ablaze.reports of burnt smells coming from my trailer area, bout 1/4 km into the tree line. what they sometimes do is burn down line shacks, old cabins, and destroy any camps they come across. this discourages anyone from “camping” and leaves them free to clear cut. now an eco activist does this to big industry to make it too expensive for profit, and the court deems it a terrorist activity, and labels activists as terrorists.so laws are in place for our protection. the property is a staked claim, on an active claim site, under B.C. mineral titles,provincial forest steward contract and operated by an established company, suppoerted by co-owners of the claims.

when do we say enough? so i say anyone who trespass’s in order to hamper my ability to support and provide a livlihood for me and my family is legaly in the wrong and should make amends. others would say its an agenda of subterfuge to stimulate activism.
    so off we go to the ministry of mines, and the process starts….had it been you and i who tore up industry’s road and burn down a trailer full of gear and supplies we would be in jail and labeled a terrorist according to minister of defence.. uh….but this dont apply because the trees they cut and left on the ground are still worth money, so they may dig up roads to restrict access. the burning they claim is an act of vandalism they say by activists or others.
    , get rid of the locals and clear cut for profit.sorry but as a local there are no terrorists in the middle of no-where, these are acts of violence and should be protected accordingly.we will look into registering some kind of society for civil support.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Darin,
    Wow!
    I had no idea all of this went on! Sorry to hear about your livelihood’s plight.
    I pray some resolution will take place.
    Hannah

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

thanks Hannah, if all goes well i should be registering a society for civil livlihood this year, then as an entity can own and control a gold claim under a corperate liscence. where all members of the society share eqaul ownership of the society. except that that society is responsable and not employees. thats the basics , still working on it but if it works, ill share the blueprint.
    it was interesting to find out that the owners of big industry were the same countrys we make global economy deals with.
    spannish royal family owns the largest gold mine in B.C. so when they explore for ores, they use the same methods and acts of violence to pave the way for easy takeover. a blind eye is turned, or its under federal review.

registering a society, with a corperate gold mine liscence is the only way to fight it.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Darin,
    Best of luck to you! I guess the big corporations really have found their way into everything.
    I’ll pray you succeed and that your civil livelihood thrives!
    Hannah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.