Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I just picked up some of these , I have always wondered how well they work . After watching several youtube vids on these , I decided to get some . Have not tried them out yet , but since I will be back east later on this year , it seemed like a good thing to have in a BOB or for just everyday camping . Basically , these things are spring tension , with 12ft of 60lb line . You set them up like you would snares , the more you set , the better your chances are . Some of these people have caught big fish with them , the spring tension eventually tires the fish out and drags it back .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Check local fishing laws where you use them. They are illegal to use in some places. Not that it would matter in SHTF but if you experiment with them now be careful.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Also, some yo-yos are not created equal, the springs on some don’t last.

There was a good review on another forum, will see what I can find.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Well from what I understand , there are two manufacturers in the US that make them , one uses a normal coil spring that needs to be lubricated once in awhile , the other uses stainless steel spring , those are the American made ones . Which is what I have . Who knows what the Chinese copies are like , I would guess they are junk in comparison .

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

AH…. Those are AWESOME for turtles. They are actually the BEST way to catch turtles that I have ever found.

Whirli is right about quality. Some are pretty junky. Others are overly complex to the point where they barely work. Go for a decent feeling, middle of the road one.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.