Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, most of the folks that do have food and water stored will die too, just maybe a bit slower than the others.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The thing is that they know for a fact that Yellow stone erupts every 600,000 years and every time it has erupted it did not kill off every living thing. I believe many will live just not if you live to close to it. I have not seen any proof of a Yellow stone eruption life extinction. They have not found one, many die(animals) but not a total extinction.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

in the upstate area of Ny where I am the history says there was a blinding snow storm on the 8th of june. They weren’t able to harvest because of hard freezes all summer. They planted buck wheat because they needed a quick crop but it was killed in august by a hard freeze. It was nasty but there were other years as well when people were close to starvation like 1787, which was caused by the eruption of Laki in Iceland.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom, It’s true what you are saying but it would be very bad. 600,000 years ago no one was dependent on crops and domestic animals, there weren’t 7 billion people on the planet. Food would be very scarce.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Freedom, It’s true what you are saying but it would be very bad. 600,000 years ago no one was dependent on crops and domestic animals, there weren’t 7 billion people on the planet. Food would be very scarce.

74 not to be real picky but the human race as we known it seems to date back to 74,000 years BP and the Toba super eruption. It was what you would call a bottleneck. The survivors are us. Whether it was luck, better genes or alien intervention/God…it most likely is lost in time and we will never know what actually happened.

But I would bet one of my ancestors had a lot of nuts saved for the winter. LoL

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I believe that if you are not close to Yellow stone and you are a prepper that has saved about two years of food you have a chance at making it. You would need to have saved seeds to plant after. But I would think 90 to 95% would die just as if an EMP attack. The difference is no sun light and it will be real cold. And EMP attack or cyber attack people will still die of hunger but there will be a lot more crimes and killings.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There will be rosy-cheeked cannibals. Thats all people need to know to turn them into survivalists.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh yes Brulen! This will happen.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

freedom wrote:
    Dr. MICHIO Kaku a prominent scientist is talking about the latest Yellow Stone news, he talks about how the ground has moved up in some areas. I think we need to pay attention to the possibilities and prepare as best as we can.

Had to check, but Dr. Michio Kaku is first rate!
    He has some excellent presentations on theoretical physics too.
    Good Link, FREE-Baby!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I have been studying Dr. Kaku articles for a long time now, this is the first time he has a problem with Yellow Stone were there are spots that have risen 10″ which is a sign that something is going on. Many volcanoes do this and then stop but many do this and then erupt so we need to keep updated on the fact that are happening at Yellow Stone.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

But Selco will arise from the ashes like a phoenix. SHTF School will live on… – See more at: http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/yellowstone-threat/#sthash.ocFHC5Vm.dpuf

YES! I laughed out loud at this, good one. Couldn’t agree more. Selco would laugh at such a minor problem.

On a more serious note, I’m not going to even bother worrying about Yellowstone. That would be time to seek forgiveness from God, and time to check off a bucket list item or two.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Not knowing what level of destruction and decay would occur as a result of a general collapse I think I’d try to preserve some books for future generations. Not sure which ones but probably history books.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, the books idea is a good one, some how to build or plant books are also good. The U. S.Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.