Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes many changes will occur so it is very hard to know if many will live in the U. S. since it is so close to us. Weather will have a lot to do with this, rain, winds, and storms which it may create. California may fall into the ocean. Many states will be destroyed.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I doubt anyone west of the Mississippi river would live. The ash deposits from previous eruptions are that far.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes you are right 74. The thing is that today we have the internet, TV, Radio and cellphones which means many will know that Yellow stone is starting to erupt. Volcanoes start to erupt slowly and show signs of the beginning of an eruption. almost all take days before they erupt.

When we see these signs we need to move if we are close to it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom get on a jet plane and go……..
    I found info that in Nebraska the ash was up to 10′ thick.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

It will probably be my extinction which is enough extinction for me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes the amount of ash is a lot but also remember that we do not know how long the 10′ may have been in the 12 to 24 month span. The ash keeps on falling till the sky clears up.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

chester you got me to LOL, same here!!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Just to be clear, this is not a threat I am concerned with. It makes for an interesting conversation is all. There is a huge difference between the collapse of civilization and an extinction level event. A Yellowstone super volcano could collapse civilizations around the world and collapse populations worldwide, but it would not be an extinction level event. Out of the ashes a new civilization would eventually arise. Small pockets of civilization might make it through reasonably intact. Were I to be amongst the lucky few for whom travel/fleeing was an option, I would head to an equatorial region, perhaps someplace in Northern Australia or failing that to someplace like Costa Rica or Panama. .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It would be nasty Freedom, nowhere to go for half of the US.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashfall_Fossil_Beds

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I know 74, it would be the last thing that I would want to happen. It is moving in some places up to 10″ which is not good. I hope it doesn’t happen.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

There are more pressing issues for sure, however volcanoes are frequently erupting in different places. One aspect that they cause is flight bans. The volcano in Iceland disrupted air travel in Europe for a week or so. It’s not bad to keep track of them.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Here’s one for you then. The 1815 eruption of Mt. Tambora in the Dutch East Indies caused the infamous 1816 year without a summer. Northern New England and Northern New York suffered crop failures due to late snows and frosts during the summer. There were major food shortages and people went hungry.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes agree. The thing is that we have learned that almost all eruption start slow and then intensifies so I hope if Yellow Stone does start it will give many time to get out.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, The ones that have not stored food and water will die if Yellow stone erupts.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lol, ya slow like Krakatoa and Mt Saint Hellens :)

or this little baby.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.