Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Dr. Kaku a prominent scientist is talking about the latest Yellow Stone news, he talks about how the ground has moved up in some areas. I think we need to pay attention to the possibilities and prepare as best as we can.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If yellowstone were to erupt to it’s full potential human life on earth will probably end. The ash cloud will block out the sun.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, Yellowstone blowing is beyond anything we can prepare for.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The best prep for a major Yellowstone event is keeping a good bottle of booze handy. Anything else is going to be pointless, especially for those of us close.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What a bunch of fatalists.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

As close as I am, yup.
    I leave right now, I can have brunch in Jackson Hole.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirli, you might as well order the most expensive thing on the menu and go out in style. Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods we’ve already been in a new ice age for the past two months, so Mother Nature already beat Yellowstone to the punch.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The ash cloud will block out the sun but for 12 to 24 months, yes it will kill 90 to 95% of the population. One to two year supply of food and water is needed. Masks will be needed too. Human life will live on after this just not the same.

The saving of Heirloom seeds so you can grow food after the 12 to 24 months is the key. For cooking it is very important to have a gas range and about 24 month of gas to cook.

Even if you live close by what Dr. Kaku said the big volcano will must probably erupt slowly at the beginning before the large eruption happens. If you have seen other volcanoes erupt they all start slowly.

You go to the east of the U. S. and take your supplies.

This will be very hard to live throw but guys so is a total economical collapse were maybe 90% of the population will die which is about the same.

Survival is possible, we will have to deal with ash cloud. We the adults my die in the end but maybe can give our children a chance to live throw it.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I love Wyoming and lived couple years near Jackson Hole. Yellowstone park and the area has changed a lot in last twenty years particularly in terms of tourists. I’d hate to see it blow during the peak of tourist season. We live in Pacific Northwest & Alaska now. Perhaps no hiding there either.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

chester I don’t think there is anywhere safe, we will go throw an ice age with all the ash covering the sun for about 12 to 24 months.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

freedom, extinction event https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event
    But Selco will arise from the ashes like a phoenix. SHTF School will live on… :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

chester, one small problem with this extinction on wikipedia, “The most recent, the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event, which occurred approximately 66 million years ago (Ma), was a large-scale mass extinction of animal and plant species in a geologically short period of time. In the past 540 million years there have been five major events when over 50% of animal species died. Mass extinctions seem to be a Phanerozoic phenomenon, with extinction rates low before large complex organisms arose.[6]

Estimates of the number of major mass extinctions in the last 540 million years range from as few as five to more than twenty.”

Well here is the problem Yellow stone erupts every 600,000 years, not even 1 million years so in the 540 million years Yellow stone has erupted about 90 times so this means that it is not a total extinction event. It will kill many but not all.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree, many, perhaps most, would die but many many millions would remain. People lived through the last ice age. There would still be a liveable climate in equatorial regions.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree MB, Miami Florida would be somewhere that maybe have a liveable region.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MtB, Maybe but maybe not. Hard to say what will happen, the weather would be different, rain fall amounts would change, could be new deserts and other geological shifts could occur.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.