Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The Civic Tribune has an article about Yellow Stone is ready to erupt.

http://civictribune.com/yellowstone-evacuated-experts-claim-super-volcano-erupt-within-weeks/

The Yellow Stone website does show roads that are melting but they say there is no sign of an eruption.
    Interesting that they say the ground is hotter by 30 degrees.

http://civictribune.com/yellowstone-evacuated-experts-claim-super-volcano-erupt-within-weeks/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm, hasn’t made the news here, and I could be there within 4 hours.

And the Park Service isn’t saying anything is out of the norm.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/conditions.htm

Here is what the USGS says.

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
    Friday, August 1, 2014 10:05 AM MDT (Friday, August 1, 2014 16:05 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (VNUM #325010)
    44°25’48” N 110°40’12” W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
    Current Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
    Current Aviation Color Code: GREEN

Seismicity

During July 2014, the University of Utah Seismograph Stations, responsible for the operation and analysis of the Yellowstone Seismic Network, reports 99 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone National Park region. The largest event was a magnitude 2.5 on July 6, at 09:54 AM MDT, located about 18 km (11 miles) north northeast of Old Faithful, Yellowstone National Park.

Over half of July seismicity occurred July 6-7th and is a result of the ongoing north-south trending series of earthquakes, over 11 km (7 miles) in length, which began in September, 2013. Including the largest July earthquake of magnitude 2.5.

Earthquake sequences like these are common and account for roughly 50% of the total seismicity in the Yellowstone region.

Yellowstone earthquake activity in July remains at normal background levels.

Ground deformation

Deformation in north-central Yellowstone continues, with the subsidence rate holding steady for the last month at around 10 cm/yr. Since the subsidence began in early April 2014, the NRWY GPS station has dropped about 5 cm.

The eastern caldera GPS station WLWY, which we often refer to in these updates, has been offline since June 30, 2014. Other caldera GPS stations continue to record the pattern uplift that has persisted since early 2014.

The Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) provides long-term monitoring of volcanic and earthquake activity in the Yellowstone National Park region. Yellowstone is the site of the largest and most diverse collection of natural thermal features in the world and the first National Park. YVO is one of the five USGS Volcano Observatories that monitor volcanoes within the United States for science and public safety.

YVO Member agencies: USGS, Yellowstone National Park, University of Utah, University of Wyoming, UNAVCO, Inc., Wyoming State Geological Survey, Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology, Idaho Geological Survey

CONTACT INFORMATION:
    Jacob Lowenstern, Scientist-in-Charge
    jlwnstrn@usgs.gov

Sounds like a lot of scaremongering to me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I agree, I think the temp of 30 degrees happens often there and some roads have a problem with that.

I though the same thing as you but though it still a good idea to post and get the opinions.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

We were campinf in Grand Teton not a month and a half ago.
    That’s just south of the Yellowstone border.

And three weeks ago my Scout troop was camping up there and went through YS.

Nothing either time.

What one has to remember is the makeup of the area, not just the volcano but the mountains and how they formed, how the valleys formed and are comprised of.

My aunt is a geologist and teaches up in Canada. She and my uncle (research geologist) were down to check out the geology of the area, they had lived in the area some 25 years ago and wanted to see the changes and landslide in Jackson.

Lets just say that it was an interesting couple evenings and I am less than concerned about the article.

Lets just say that normal in Wyoming is different than anywhere else.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

P.S. the roads here take a beating from the weather like you wouldn’t believe, 40+ degree temperature swings are normal.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

@freedom

Here’s a conspiracy for you, the link you posted said
    “Server Unavailable” :D

Odd…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Looks like excessive traffic, it’s trying to load now.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes it was up but not loading now. Conspiracy is a big word for the Yellow Stone, it’s more like you can’t believe anyone that post news on Yellow Stone so if there is real news so many have cried wolf that no one will believe them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.