Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It is a start, good news. Now we need the Supreme Court to have a five to four vote soon. Then it will be set in stone.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

This feels good, but I’m not encouraged by it. In fact, I think it’s a mistake. To try to define “militia” through an executive order, and to specify only certain weapons as appropriate for a person to own in case s/he has to employ that weapon as part of a “militia” as defined in the Executive Order, is actually limiting, and can become a point of contention that just muddies the waters further. I think this E.O. is a mistake despite it’s (hopefully) good intent.

Read it carefully – it is only an E.O., and therefore not law, yet we just saw a Circuit Court overturn an E.O., despite some solid basis to the E.O., and now that makes it a precedent. Whether the Supremes weigh in or not, and certainly until they do, it is a precedent that can be used against the Administration (or even future administrations) going forward. This “militia” E.O. could end up being the same potential self-laid minefield.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Bingo.
    While I am in favor of pretty much anything that preempts local restrictions, this has the potential to be a mistake on a grand scale.

Followed up with law? Now we start talking about something important.

But for now, even the possibility will have the libtards just spinning.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Now THIS E.O. I could definitely get behind! [humor – see attached photo]

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Now that is patriotic!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Trump made the peace offer to the democrats at the state of the Union….. They’re not buying it. I can’t imagine a law. Militia with lgbt and pc guns. Lolanity. ( laughing insanely)
    Thats almost as good as the brothers three Muslim-Americans IT workers doing stuff on the intell committee computers. Classified info for free.
    Ny has a motto fwiw. The Empire State. The libs here want a constitutional convention. There is no official militia. If Trump somehow put into play militia/guns as a constitutional issue, the country would start spinning, reeling, stumbling. But I would like to see a national CC permit. However given the history of NY at getting a high security drivers license the prospects of any improvements look dim and dimmer. National ID is not something the democrats want.

Does any of this make sense? It follows whatever the Republicans want, a better economy for instance, the democrats are going to be on the opposite side of the issue. The same with Presidents Trumps agenda. There are no little compromises. Every little concession to the democrats is a wedge to throw troops thru for a more vicious attack. Guns is a hate word to them. Clintons war on the militia and the massacre at Waco. USA is in a war.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

One thing’s for sure. Trump can’t count on ANYTHING past the 2018 elections, therefore he’ll have to get whatever he wants done in the next 18 months with 52 votes at best. And as I feared, those within the nominal Republican Party are coming out to make the assists in taking him down. There are more calls from within the Republican Party to take down Sessions, they’re dragging their feet on any kind of meaningful medical insurance reform, forget any tax reform. Guns? Whatever people can get now may be the best chance they’ve got. I believe in precious metals, personally: Au, Ag, and Pb.

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

GS

Where there is fire I usually see a democrat burning. They don’t have the gravitas to derail Trump or the republicans. Who do people trust the most on tv? It ain’t the media. It’s Trump. Congress … dead last.

Maybe you’ve heard the expression about having a single blade of grass to hold on to. When it’s gone the world crashes. No one will remember democrats. “Who after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians.” 1939 Hitler.

They count on our armies to defend them from the batbarians. Without t. ???

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Brulen,

The people can trust Trump all they want. But if he can’t deliver significant parts of what he promised during the campaign, the people (with plenty of media propagandist help) will tend to forget how politics really works (as if most of them have any idea anyway), and blame Trump. I would take VERY little to swing several states to the Democrats in 2020, and boot him out entirely. Or, even if the people didn’t want to try again with the Democrats, the Republican primaries could become a real problem for Trump. The people are fickle, and horribly uneducated, or worse, educated intentionally wrong.

I was reading the comments section under the story that appeared here in this thread (top article posted by WB), and was just amazed at the number of idiots that actually think an executive order applies to individual citizens as if it’s a law. And I didn’t find a single comment that took issue with those idiots! People don’t understand separation of powers, who does what, etc. They have no clue that an Executive Order can only apply to the Executive Branch of government. If an Executive Branch policy changes, yes that may affect citizens. But an E.O. cannot directly compel an individual citizen to do a darn thing – and very few people understand that. It’s that kind of failure to learn that leaves the people exceptionally vulnerable.

Add in the 2nd factor that I mentioned before – that of the Republicans in Congress. Today I’ve been closely watching what’s been going on with Senator Rand Paul regarding the Obamacare legislation. Jeff Bezos (Amazon) now OWNS the Washington Post, which is making a mockery of Paul, and failing to report what’s really going on, and what’s really the problem. From what I can tell, Paul and just a small handful of Republicans are probably closer to Trump’s views on what should happen to Obamacare (i.e. what SHOULD replace it) than anyone else. Yet WaPo has joined the chorus (perhaps even helping lead it) that paints Rand Paul as an idiot clown who has no business being a U.S. senator – rather than professionally reporting the issues and what he’s attempting to do. It’s Nancy Pelosi’s “we’ve got to pass the bill so we can see what’s in it” all over again – this time courtesy of the Republicans. The Republicans could keep this thing stalled so long that Trump will never get what he wants with healthcare insurance reform. And if they’re wrangling about that, they don’t get to tax overhaul (only one issue at a time, don’tchaknow!). I believe Rand Paul is a Republican canary – and they’re trying to (at least figuratively) kill him but not make it look like it’s because of what REALLY is happening in the mine.

It’s this kind of cr@p by the Republicans that feeds the Democrat agenda and narrative that concerns me, fanned by the media which too many people still believe at least gives them enough of the “truth” that they keep listening and watching. Congress may be dead last in trustworthiness, but they still control what ends up on Trump’s desk – if anything. I hope you’re view is more correct than mine.

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

GS

I thought the deep state controls Congress. They write the trash that congressmen call bills. The ones nobody reads.
    As for Rand Paul. He didn’t kill the critter and now it’s biting him. Hard to feel any sympathy. He had a job to do and he failed. Repeal yes, not repeal maybe, repeal if, repeal sort of, keep with conditions, add a few new regulations, put nose to the wind.

Conservative
    Rand Paul doesn’t want any form of Obamacare lite either. Better.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.