Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Why ‘Loners’ Are Doomed In A Crisis

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2015/01/12/why-loners-are-doomed-in-a-crisis/

Survival situation on their own is very hard and this is a good article that will tell you all the different problems you may have if you are planning to go it alone. One is keeping watch 24/7 on their own. Another is hunting for food, if you get sick and many other problems which are all pointed out in this article.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

blah, blah, blah, heard it all before.

British Survivalist.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

You may not have a choice , depending on where you find yourself when things go down , may not be so close to home ……………never know .

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

that’s what I mean, some of us wont have a choice, for me its Lone Wolf +1, I will NEVER put my trust in a bunch of strangers either now and certainly not post SHTF, as far as I’m concerned they are all suspect and I will treat them all accordingly.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lone wolf,
    I think the point is to make strangers into friends now so you know if you can trust them later. Of course there are always the people that you thought were trustworthy that in the end turn out to be a POS. It does take manpower to accomplish what will need to be done. There is no getting around that problem.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

that may be so in a city or large town, people tend to be “stand-offish” especially in an English large city, strangers where I live would, and do, stick out like the proverbial “sore thumb”.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It is all about what may happen, even in a total rural area you may get sick. I got a urinary infection that ended up that I had a prostate inflammation which didn’t let me go urinate which if I didn’t have a way to get a catheter I would have died of a chronic urinary inflammation and infection. The catheter lower the inflammation so what would have happen if my wife was not there for me.

Now I learned, I have over a 100 catheters and medicines for an SHTF times if this were to happen again. We need to plan well and store what we may need in a SHTF times.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

oh I’ve got all the usual stuff stored away but I’m beginning to taper off the buying now, I’m going more for skills and knowledge this year and will be spending more time than usual out of the house.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Catheters, now that’s an item I hadn’t considered, but then I don’t have IV equipment or any other more advanced first aid supplies. I have a pretty good friend that is a surgeon I need to bring into the fold.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>lonewolf wrote:</div>oh I’ve got all the usual stuff stored away but I’m beginning to taper off the buying now, I’m going more for skills and knowledge this year and will be spending more time than usual out of the house.

So why not gather ‘friends’ and possible team members from those you are taking classes with, the lady who teaches canning down at the community college? The Boy Scout leader down the road? Etc.

Some of my best contacts aren’t ‘preppers’ or ‘survivalists’ per se, but are better prepped than most dedicated preppers just because of their normal lives.
    The canning instructor, the master gardeners, the quilting instructors, the members of the “society for creative anachronism’, all have something to contribute even if it’s only knowledge.

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

freedom, good article. Also, some of the comments here are very valuable, like having catheters. It is something I never even considered, despite being married to a nurse. Looks like I have more to add to my list! Thanks for the info.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

its a possibility I suppose, depends where the courses are, although the bow making class I did about 18 months ago was only about 20 miles away and I have been back to see the owner and his wife where the classes were held (its a small holding, sort of small homestead, just starting up with a few pigs and some vegetables growing at the moment, in the woods north of here, they were busy building the house when I was there).

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The article states the obvious for us here, but I wish it delved more into how to develop a group without breaking OPSEC with those who aren’t going to join you. If I suspect someone might be of similar mindset I drop a subtle hint or two but if they don’t bite I back off and say nothing more.

freedom on the other hand wins the prep prize of the day. Even I never thought of catheters in the preps, and I am intimately familiar with them. Its been almost 10 years now but I had a nasty bladder cancer which involved a couple surgeries performed via catheter, recuperation periods using catheters 24/7, a year’s worth of treatments via catheters, and then many “inspections” via catheters. I’m down to just one inspection a year now. Maybe freedom knows the answer to this one but I do suggest lubricants for the catheters, and also a numbing agent. Numbing agents are inserted prior to the catheter going in and don’t really numb, but it does help.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I do think it would be a good idea to have some disposable catheters the 14″ or 16″. I used the 14″ and they work very good and helped with the inflammation. If you have any urinary infection or the inflammation of the prostate you will not be able to urinate and will die. Antibiotics are also needed (Ciprofloxacin. 500mg) every 12 hours for 7 days so if you can get your hands on some do it. All of this also works on women.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Really I think we need a new first aid equipment thread, or we should revise an older one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.