Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C,
    A google search brings up a lot of them. My guess is the copper or stainless products are the better ones. Just a guess. It’s a heck of a trade item if you decide to make moonshine or whiskey though.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

You could aways make a Gingery still. His book with detailed plans is for sale. Its cheaper to buy the Everclear. I can get the 190 proof here. In fact it burns pretty good in cooking stoves.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen , my brother in law is a Pharmacist , he brought home 200 proof alcohol from the lab . He gave me a shot of it , I thought it was vodka , it didnt burn at all going down , but it made you cough a lot because it was evaporating while you drank it lol . Not a lot of people today know this , but during the prohibition era , you could still legally get a bottle of booze from the drug store if you had a doctors prescription . It was called medicinal alcohol whiskey . If you can find an old bottle of that …………..its worth money !!!!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C, I’m not suggesting for you not to make your medicinal extracts. I just thought you might have additional capacity if you bought the right still.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Couple of things.

1: Go big or go home. Its just as hard to make 5 gallons as 20 (50?).
    You just need more supplies and a little more time.

2:It doesn’t go bad. That extra 15 gallons you made over the 5 for tinctures and tonics, is there for snakebite, trade, alcohol stoves, and much more. And it reduces the number of “runs” you have to make, reducing risk.

3: Your still can distill and purify water, your whole reason for buying it. Hint, hint.

4: Recipes, get em while you can. Dont limit yourself to corn likker, add brandy, vodka and other spirits to the list.

5: If you do it, don’t tell anyone. No one needs to know your source is you.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Making whiskey and selling it is actually legal in Pennsylvania, who knew?

http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-12/news/31152895_1_white-whiskey-distillery-whiskey-rebellion

By Kevin Begos, Associated PressPOSTED: March 12, 2012
    PITTSBURGH – A new state law allows small whiskey distilleries to give samples to visitors and sell bottles directly to the public, 

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Was that you making vanilla extract with whole beans on youtube, Miss C? We talked about everclear and you said it was illegal for you to buy. I had no idea you were so young! Not that I’m “old” ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

You or your “talent” were very sweet in answering my stupid questions regarding alcohol content :P

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.