Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Amen, Wildartist. Amen.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not the most religious person out there but I do respect those who are (except Muslims for obvious reasons). Sometimes I wish I were more religious. Whether one is very religious, minimally religious, or even an atheist, we all draw upon the cultural underpinnings given us by our Judeo Christian heritage. The Judeo Christian belief system permeates the culture of the western world so thoroughly that even atheists don’t see that their sense of right vs wrong and good vs evil comes from it. They may not feel the need for organized religion or feel that they share in the same belief system, but it is there whether we see it or not.

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

“I’ll put my Law within them and will write it on their hearts. I’ll be their God and they will be my people.” – Jeremiah 31:33

The human conscience. Stop and really think about it. Why is it that everyone agrees killing others is wrong? Why can’t I just walk up to someone and shoot em? What makes something “wrong?”

The Commandments of God are written upon our hearts. That’s why.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

“I’ll put my Law within them and will write it on their hearts. I’ll be their God and they will be my people.” – Jeremiah 31:33

The human conscience. Stop and really think about it. Why is it that everyone agrees killing others is wrong? Why can’t I just walk up to someone and shoot em? What makes something “wrong?”

The Commandments of God are written upon our hearts. That’s why.

One thing to remember, the Sixth is really “thou shalt not murder”.
    Warfare and killing are even commanded just not murder.

The misinterpretation continues to this day.

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

You’re right Whirlie, I should have mentioned that. Good eye!

We have a God given right to defend ourselves, and a duty.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.