Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Assuming the forecasts are correct, and the world economy tanks by the end of 2015, how does that change the political landscape in the US?

Will the majority of people in the US continue to keep a Democrat in the White House, or will they go with one of the Republicrats that are running?

If China with a weakened economy starts to flex it’s muscle in the Pacific will we be strong enough to counter it, and if not will that cause the general populace to go Isolationist and go with someone like Rand Paul? Will the Chinese wait to see who gets elected before making a move or strike with a cyber attack while the Neville Chamberlain of the 21st century is still in the power?

I have no answers, just a lot of questions!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It all depends. If it happens after the Nov 2016 elections and we the people know who is elected then Obama may have a problem going passed the Jan 2017 deadline.

If it happens before the election Obama will say that he is the dictator till the civil war or economical collapse is over which can take 10 to 20 years or more. This is what O would love. I believe that this is the plan.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Both China and Russia believe in the use of “Tactical” nukes. Who will shoot first is the question.
    Robin

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The correct answer… is “who cares”. He will be nobody.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

If the world economy tanks before the 2016 election, voters will be scared enough to go with whoever comes across with a combination of competence and compassion. Competence to take meaningful actions that begin to address the situation. Compassion in understanding what people are going through. Whether there will be such a candidate remains to be seen. Given dire circumstances I’m thinking people are not going to accept at face value a rehashing of the same failed solution of “we need to invest in……..” that politicians have embraced for decades. Every pork barrel project, effort at maintaining the status quo, and effort at social engineering is always termed an investment, yet all those investments seem to do is feed the bureaucracy and feed Wall St. A long way of saying people will be ready for real change.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well I do think that if O declares himself dictator it will be a civil war like no other we have ever seen.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, I’ve seen some speculate that O doesn’t plan to leave office but that would be pretty tough to pull off. Maybe more importantly why would he want to stay on? Just like the Clintons became fabulously wealthy after they left office, O will be able to do the same. The country didn’t suspend elections during the Civil War, nor any other period of war or economic depression. I think the only way in which elections could possibly be suspended would be if it were physically impossible. Grid down for example, and if that were the case, electing a new President would be a moot point anyway. And it should be noted that during the Civil War, the elections were held even though most of the Confederate States didn’t participate.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, I believe that money is not everything and that is why Hillary is running. The Clinton’s have all the money they need but they LOVE power! So does O. Power is bigger then money. They want to be KING(Dictator).

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Maybe O wants power more than money but I think the Clintons want money more. Hillary most likely figures he can go into office as a mega millionaire and come out a multi billionaire given the extent to which she will be able to sell influence. I used to think she made Nixon look like a Boy Scout, but now I think she is in the league of the worst of the kleptocrat dictators in the 3rd world.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I had read that there Clinton Foundation has $2 Billion and that they only give out 10% of what they get, Wow what a deal and as a non-profit they do not pay taxes!!!!

Yes the Clinton’s make Nixon look like a clown. They know how to lie which makes them professional criminals.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

A lot of deaths happened to people associated with the Clintons.

http://alamo-girl.com/0462.htm

If it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m with Brulen on this one .
    ” All the kings horses , and all the kings men , couldn’t put poor Humpty back together again .”
    It would be the perfect time for states to drop out of the union .

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

When SHTF it won’t matter who is president. Depending on the gravity of the event I would expect regions to break off into separate groups out of necessity. I see the most time relevant scenario to be an economic collapse. There will be a struggle to maintain control but if it is a prolonged event I suspect, much like what will happen where you live, peoples will group together for safety. States with resources will want no part of states who are full of freeloaders. Those who rise to the top at the state level will most likely try to get clear of the sinking titanic of the former federal government. The cat will be out of the bag with no way to put it back in. Allies will be made with bordering states in an attempt to rebuild and gain control of what can be salvaged. We have all seen the maps depicting the US fragmented into 5 or 6 territories. How accurate they are is anybody’s guess but it seems like the most likely outcome to me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

5 or 6 territories so Matt76 what do you think the Chinese will say about that? And will they try to collect on there debt? Will this by a war on the Chinese?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I think the Chinese will have enough problems of their own . Historically speaking , China usually goes to war with itself , I expect that not just the US , but a few other countries will break up as well . It seems most break ups happen between , ethnic, cultural and religious lines .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.