Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The problem with wishing for resets is that there are many others who are also wishing for resets that are very different than what you might be hoping for. No guarantee which side will win.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

II think I know who is winning at the moment and it’s not the good guys.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree that the good guys aren’t winning. My point is that there are a lot of folks out there that want a reset that is far worse than anything we see right now.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB,
    Yep I was sgreeing with you, my cryptic message was that even when everything is “normal” we are losing and want a reset. How can anything get better through chaos?

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

Mr. 74: My wife and I and another small circle of concerned souls are listening to Ted Koppel’s words and starting to feel that all the SHeet will be hitting the fans sooner rather than later, all of us have an expiration date but if our nation’s enemies are interested in gaining a HUGE amount of material wealth they just need to get us GONE in the wake of a long-term grid-down situation that’s a “BLACK SWAN” from our cosmic flashlight “el sol” OR from the likes of a beast nation seeking their fame with the EMP launched so most people are pulled off the electrical grid and forced to fight for their food and water. WE who are preppers will have at least some “cushion” in the face of this sort of event, what we will be able to do will totally depend on our skills and where we are when this event happens.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Corvus,
    Somewhere in your reply you lost me, I’m not certain how your comments relates to my comments. If you want to clarify that for me.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

If I read Corvus’s post correctly, its outsiders wishing, scheming and working at creating a SHTF situation to glean material from the first world, I.E the US.

I could be wrong though.
    Clarification?

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Maybe the people that want S to HTF should have a look at what War looks like – Remember to turn the volume up a bit first Some footage from October

Non for sensitive viewers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ3Sw3uMB_4&feature=youtu.be

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Wanting it to happen?

Eh… no.

But wanting it to happen and realizing the need for it are two entirely different things.

Is a reset needed? Yes. Desperately, I think.

Do I want it to happen? No. I know the Law of Unintended Consequences will make the rounds…

But the way I look at it is the trajectory we are on is unsustainable. Too many stressors, too many evil people with too many machinations… once the lid is off Pandora’s Box, it will play out exactly like it did in Selco’s neck of the woods: One group of people will claim Aggrieved Status – and will go looking to dish out some payback to the Other Side for whatever hurt they think they have suffered – real or imagined. Once word gets out about fill-in-the-blank atrocity, the Other Side will go looking to dish out some payback for the payback. Lather, rinse, repeat…

Everyone wants validation for their views, and I suppose I’m no different. Given the “out of control” feeling most folks have, having the opportunity to wrest a measure of control back into their lives using SHTF as a vehicle to enable that is pretty attractive. I mean, come on. How many of us – when we heard about that guy who got high on bath salts and chewed off that other guy’s face – secretly hoped it was ON? Be honest.

That, or the “Well, I ain’t gettin’ any younger/taking out the trash” mindset. Fatalistic, yes. But understandable. And I’ve fallen into this mindset as well. Even recently – you hear about some new and egregious atrocity some scumbag, or group of scumbags, commits and the urge to just go “clean house” is pretty strong. The authorities are corrupt, inept, incompetent or hobbled. They only get their sh*t together when they seem to be picking on some unsuspecting Citizen minding their own business – a “teaching moment” for the rest of us poor proles. Keeps us docile and compliant when we see one of our own targeted and destroyed by the authorities – yet swarms of scumbags seem to have free reign, our borders are wide open to anyone from anywhere, disgusting behavior is not only tolerated, but lionized, and being a normal Citizen – married, Christian, kids, pay taxes, ‘bitter clinger’ – seems to be the only demographic it’s safe to openly discriminate against and excoriate…

Wanting S to HTF is seductive. If I cannot create, then let me un-create. It’s also about power – who has it, who has more, and who is willing to use it freely and fearlessly.

The way I look at being prepped is:

– One way, I get dead.
    – The other way, I still get dead – but at least I get a say in the matter before I get closed out.

And I’d rather have a say in the matter than not.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.