Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Expecting the S to HTF isn’t the same as wishing it would, though either without action — prepping in the first instance, or agitating in the second — is just mental masturbation. I find it impossible to add up the awful columns of already existing adverse facts, as best I understand them, in this city, state, nation, and world, without arriving at expectations ranging from merely dismal, to horrible beyond my capacity to fully imagine. That still doesn’t mean I want them to happen. But at this point, any way I look at it, they’re beyond my ability to significantly change for anyone but possibly, my wife and myself.

Had I the persuasive ability of a professional politician (fill in the blank), still only a limited subset of possible political siren songs will “sell.” The reincarnation of JFK (or, pick your favorite speaker) would be unable (were he so willing) to persuade a majority of currently dependent sheepizens from demanding (and voting for) their favorite subsidies (to be paid for, of course, by those “rich” so-and-so’s on the other side of town.) Such widespread acculturated Marxism, learned in the Public Fool System, bids fair to ultimately Cloward and Piven this nation to death all by itself, irrespective of other possible vagaries of weather (planetary, solar, celestial, or manmade), or the hostile acts of other nations.

As in Argentina, Greece, Zimbabwe, and South Africa before them, the sheeple have voted themselves more and bigger slices of the other guy’s pie than anyone is able to bake. And now, they’re standing at the banquet table, napkin around neck, empty plate in one hand, fork in the other, bleating for “their” generous slice, voting for whomever claims the tastiest recipe, and the most magnanimous distribution … oblivious to the wolves peering over the fence. This overbooked banquet cannot end well.

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I hear what you are saying , it makes sense . I personally want the S to HTF , to be put off as long as possible . In an ideal situation , I want all my plans and preparations to be about as needed as the 1950’s backyard bomb shelter . Ideally looking back at today , 30 years from now , to be only a period of anxiety in the country’s history . BUT , too many realities and variables are in the air to make me stop doing what I’m doing …………..after all , I may have hope , but I have absolutely no trust .
    ” better dead sure , than sure dead “

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

When the lights go out after the cyberattack, this is the book everyone will read.”—Richard A. Clarke, author of Cyber War and former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism

“In Lights Out, Ted Koppel uses his profound journalistic talents to raise pressing questions about our nation’s aging electrical grid. Through interview after interview with leading experts, Koppel paints a compelling picture of the impact cyberattacks may have on the grid. The book reveals the vulnerability of perhaps the most critical of all the infrastructures of our modern society:

I used these quotes from Ted Koppel’s new book to highlight how the fears of this group are going main stream. The truth is so awful no one wants to believe it, yet it is staring us in the face. It is going to happen, while every one hopes it won’t. Believing that a catastrophe is going to happen is not the same as wishing it comes true.

Ted’s book is mostly about cyber attacks, however we can all see something is going to happen. Then the dominoes will fall in a chain reaction.

Profile photo of dutch_viking
    dutch_viking
    Survivalist
    rreallife

the only reason why i would wish for the S to hit the fan…..

to set things straight again…..make things right that are so damned wrong at this point.

looking at all previous wars WW2 Balkan war Vietnam ….War aint pretty is horrible ,
    the wrong people get killed ……

butt looking at the world at this stage…..

i will grab an umbrella en doe the rain dance too wash all **** away….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Dutch, the problem with “setting things straight again” is that there are many versions of what people think setting things straight would be, none of which are assured and with the reality that the reset could make for a very much worse reality even after the carnage is over.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree with dutchuncle , only to a point . I also think there needs to be a reset , but as MB pointed out , its risky . I would like to see the best of both worlds , and I think the best way for that to happen , would be a break up of the US , that way all the factions get their own land to run as they see fit . THis happens naturally by the way . History has shown that a nation breaks up along cultural / religious / ethnic boundaries . You get the reset without the fallout .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I don’t look forward to SHTF, though I think it’s now inevitable. The problem is that greed, seeking for power, and corruption have been with us since the very beginning of time. That element will ALWAYS be there – including post-SHTF. So, would we gain in the long run by SHTF? I doubt it.

As for breaking up the US, I love the concept. But the practical details seem huge to me (and that’s a gross understatement due to the enormity of what those details would require). You’ve got corporations with a presence in most if not all 50 states. You’ve got federal employees and facilities in all 50 states, and those employees are all paid by that same government. Then that government is also paying out Social Security to those that paid in, along with retirement checks to millions. Will they still take care of those obligations to retirees that move to one of the regional new republics no longer under DC control? What happens to such things as pilot licenses, amateur radio licenses, etc.? Do we pay the exit penalty in taxes when we renounced our “US” citizenship?

It sounds great in theory for us all to move to the Republic of Texas, for example, but the reality issues seem pretty daunting to me.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, spot on.

Too big to succeed, too big to fail.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

It’s been quite a while since I posted, folks. I’ve been busy doing the life thing haha.

To answer the question posed by L Tec: actually, yes.

Allow me to explain! As a fairly young man (27 now) I have quite a few years ahead of me assuming I don’t check out early for some reason or another. I understand that a collapse of sorts is inevitable, and so in my mind, I’d rather it happen now, and quickly, so that I can finally start a family and move on with my life without the reality of a massive worsening of conditions hanging over my head.

I am fully aware of how awful things may get. But the reality is, on the other side of that darkness, there may yet be hope! So in backhanded kind of way, it is optimism that drives this. I want to ‘get it over with’ as soon as possible with the hope that I’ll live to see greater freedoms, greater opportunity, etc etc.

(By the way, I am fully aware that things are actually pretty damn good for us in the US now. Other countries are already SHTF in more ways than one.)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hi WhiteKnight, glad to see you back. After your last post I’d say you’re nuts though,(just in fun). I do think you should not wait or plan for something better after a shtf. Do whatever it is you’re after now while you know what you are dealing with. What happens after midnight and the carriage changes to a pumpkin nobody knows.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Hi WhiteKnight, glad to see you back. After your last post I’d say you’re nuts though,(just in fun). I do think you should not wait or plan for something better after a shtf. Do whatever it is you’re after now while you know what you are dealing with. What happens after midnight and the carriage changes to a pumpkin nobody knows.

This is true, we could end up worse off actually. And no worries, I’m not offended whatsoever and who knows, maybe I am just a tad ‘off!’ I’m not actually delaying anything, by the way, just that once I do get married, do I want to have children given how things look right now?

I do know this, if I do have them, they will NEVER see the inside of a public ‘school.’ That much I have communicated with my potential spouse as a non-negotiable term haha. At least not in the condition those institutions are in now.

Sorry for the off-topic content. To circle back to my point, I feel a momentous change is inevitable, and I’d rather have it happen sooner than later.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

WhiteKnight ,
    Agreed , the public school system is nothing more than an indoctrination center , much like the Hitler Youth program of Nazi Germany .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

WhiteKnight, I understand your logic and see your point but none of us can know what the future holds. Make the best of the current world. On the matter of children, someone I know passed away a couple years ago in his mid-60’s. He and his wife never had children because he had a medical condition several decades earlier for which the conventional wisdom at the time said he would die in his 30’s. He didn’t want his wife to have to raise children alone. They had a good life together, but childless, and now she’s a widow in her 60’s without husband, children or grandchildren. I always wondered if they regretted having overthought the “no children” decision.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Thanks to all who have responded. Mountains of S are already HTF in many parts of the world, almost all of it brought on by the attempt, individual and societal, to live at someone else’s expense — the moral principal of slavers and cannibals. A sane society regards the individual attempt to do so by force or fraud as crime, while making it possible for everyone to live by his/her own honest effort. Though there are many individual advocates for such sanity, there are few, if any, nations where they are in the majority. Consequently, sane nations are rarer than unicorns, and predatory majorities abound. Therefore, S, in ever increasing quantities, will be HTF more frequently as time goes on.

My $0.02: Duck when you need to, but don’t curtail so much of your life that those who want you to curtail it will be running your life. Prepare in order to live, but live, if only to spite those who want to steal it from you.

Cry, "Treason!"

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

One big reset would be good to see, but I think we are going is “good” old SHTF and chaos, and that is not reset.
    And however things look bad today they are gonna be worse for sure.

Wishing for “reset” is good thing, I want it too, but people mixing it with chaos, and most probably chaos is what we gonna have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.