Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

The discussion on the number of background checks over the weekend got me thinking about pellet guns. I’ve never seen an estimate of how many are out there.

With the ability to quietly hunt small game, I wonder how many have acquired a high quality pellet rifle. I have a .22 pellet gun that is an absolute tack driver. If need be the squirrel and rabbit population in my neighborhood could be greatly reduced.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

A couple of the nice things about pellet guns are that no background check is required, and many municipalities don’t have laws forbidding target practice in one’s own back yard.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Not any more.
    My son has one but I let mine go.
    Mine was too big, heavy and almost as loud as a .22.

Several long barreled .22’s are in the collection.
    Loaded with CB ammo, my effective range is about the same but the usefulness is greater as I can change the power level just by loading the next round.

And with a little refresher, I’m not bad with a slingshot.
    Good enough to add to the pot at hunting camp with one.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I have a Gamo 1400 fps .177 rifle. That is faster than a .22 lr……

http://ageofdecadence.com

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have one , I love it , its the pump variety . I go to war every year with mockingbirds . Prefer to just wing them , so they are vulnerable to stray cats lol . Funny how the screechers suddenly find a way to be quiet when they cant fly . They are great when you want to shoot something and not make noise doing it . Mine will absolutely take a rabbit if I needed it to . Now that I’m relocated , I’m thinking about a crossbow .

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Saw bb guns and a couple of different style pellet guns on sale. Think it was in Tractor Supply Company.
    Robin

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/

i have a custom made on doing 50 cal sabot rounds 150 yards 3 shot air cylinder using with a bicycle pump station (10 min refill per bottle) have killed almost every animal in my area except a grizzly and mountain goat/sheep. using lino type ammo to cast cartridges and ability to go out on bow/black powder days it is a must have.you can even recover the projectile to re cast. there are cheaper ones like http://www.powerfulairguns.com/korean/ much cheaper but i think you get what you pay for in terms of craftsmanship.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

My son’s got a good one that he shoots with quite accurately. The first time he was sent out into the veld by one of my friends to “hunt”, was a few years ago. He shot a Patrys that fell into a bush. He was so sad for the bird died for nothing, be could not find it. Since then he mostly shoot at rats. He can finish them off in the run. My cats keep the rat problem under control.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

most British lads were brought up on Air Rifles(pellet guns), I think quite a few preppers have them for hunting post SHTF.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

That’s as good of a reason that I needed to find a couple nice brass pellet air compressed hand guns and rifles. Some over a slight recoil. They don’t make much sound, get Santa to bring you one or Mrs. Claus.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

forget anything air compressed after SHTF, what you need is a decent break barrel air rifle, cock and shoot all day with one of those.

British Survivalist.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.