Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Excellent article! Something he didn’t say is that society expects police to focus on well placed shots so as to avoid hitting somebody or something that they shouldn’t have. All hell breaks lose when an innocent bystander gets shot.

My apologies for going astray here but in reading the article I couldn’t help but think what he describes is why the so called war on poverty has failed so abysmally. The middle class folks trying to do good think and act as if the underclass shares their same middle class values, but just needs a temporary helping hand. The problem is they don’t.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

https://ghostgunner.net/

you could buy one of these

Profile photo of hhxx13
    hhxx13
    Survivalist
    member1

Dear All
    A small ranting on the status in Europe.
    Weapons posession is heavily restricted. Self defense is not an option. Posession is mostly based on sporting and hunting needs. Hunting is expensive as its not a basic right as Hunter you have a lot of dutys and have to pay a lot for hunting permits on yearly bases. Owning weapons for Sports is even more complicated but probably cheaper – you need membership in a shooting club and sometimes waiting times are imposed (in hungary its 1 year in a shoting club before you can apply for a sport weapon).In some countries you have to go shooting regularly (i heard in Germany 18 times a year). And dont forget you have to go regularly to health and mental checks in some countries yearly. Again it cost some money. Any carry (open or consealed) is forbidden in most of Europe -EU or not – for that you need a special permit – obtainig that in most of Europe is very tricky – you need to prove that your live is in grave danger.
    So what are the possibilitys – Bows and Crossbows allowed in most EU countrys – ok UK and Holland are exeptions – but in most contries you can buy it without any control. (In some you need a weapon permit ond/or a sport club membership – take a look on local laws – and what is the law in neighboring countrys).
    Second option black powder weapons – in many EU countries its possible to buy muzzle loaders and replicas thereoff – if you are over 18. But keep in mind many countries disallow or regulate the purchase of gun and black powder. But they are ways arround it.
    Never forget that in Europe has many countries and many exception to strict central EU laws and countries on the verge of the EU have different interpretations.

Other possibilitys – Tear Gas Pistols and revolvers
    Obtainable in many EU countries without permits needed.
    And with a correct permit can be carried concealed – I know its wimpy – lousy repleacement but there are workarrounds.
    In Romania and i think Poland sells traumatic gas pistols with rubber ball loads. between 10 and 200 joule hitting power. In Hungary and Czech Rep. there are muzzle loaders with rubber balls. And in Hungary i have seen an set up with a traumatic shooter adapter on gas guns.

Of course you can use tear gas in cans and electric shockers but even that is not everywhere allowed – like UK and i think Holland – so if you live in those countrys you must rely on cricket and tennis rackets – sorry no offense but if you read this kind of stuff its probably better you move to somewhere else.

Now to the guys who said swords – in most of europe running arround with a blade longer then 8,5 cm thats 3,34 inches in imperial measures is disallowed as this is mainly not enough to kill in one blow. Still a blade is better then nothing. To be honest the solution i found is II. W.W. walking cane with a consealed blade inside. – Its highly illegal as it counts as concealed weapon but if you have not seen one you will never suspect its a weapon. Very similar ones are sold by cold steel in the U.S.

Of course none of these above can be taken to a plane. You will be prosecuted. And never ever tell anyone – in most of Europe People see something that looks like a weapon they will panic and call the police and again you will prosecuted.

For those who are interested – go to shooting ranges – get training – go to shooter/blackpowder clubs – get info – look arround what are the possibilitys in neighboring countries – mostly after a year to five you be counted as resident and can have the same rights.(My tips are Czeh Rep. and Serbia)

Keep Care – sorry for the long rant – Below some links -they are unfortunatly in Hungarian

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

hhxx13, Europe has no rights for the people to own guns. I am sorry about that. The Bows and Crossbows are a good option, I like the Crossbow for a SHTF time.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

If one going to live in Europe, then I think maybe Switzerland is the place to be. In light on the increasing threat from radical Islam I wonder if Europe will reach the point that they think someone other than the terrorists should be armed.

Profile photo of CharlieTango
    CharlieTango
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Before SHTF, it will depend highly on your local laws (and your willingness to abide by those laws . . . or not). Certain slingshots can be very concealable and are pretty deadly. Ammo is pretty easy to find as well. Rocks, marbles, steel bearings. There are some pretty nifty self defense canes out there on the market and so long as you look like you need that cane, no one is really going to look much close. There are always knives that are within the legal size to be carried and are throw-able by design.

After SHTF, it will depend on the situation and what you need the weapon for. But there are many options. Various bows, axes, knives, machetes, short swords, long swords, spears, pikes, sword & shield, atlatl, staff, war clubs, war hammers, flame thrower.

If you are a crafty enough person, you could make some of this yourself given the time and resources. Relief springs in vehicles are an excellent source of metal for knives/swords. Homemade flame throwers are pretty dang scary . . . no one wants to burn to death.

CT

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

CharlieTango, I’m making a note of this idea. Useful resource for other tool making. Thanks! “Relief springs in vehicles are an excellent source of metal for knives/swords.”

I’m blessed to live where I can own many firearms and carry legally but I’m always on the look out for less than lethal options.

If I lived in a place with no firearm option I’d perfect my ‘grey man’ skills and situational awareness so as to see trouble coming in advance and just be a bit more ‘invisible.’ As well as have the technology to defend myself and may family allowable by law. How this changes in SHTF not sure. In SHTF grey man might look a bit different. How well can you blend into a FEMA camp? Just kidding…

Selco is mentioned in this article about grey man approach:
    “Becoming the Grey Neighbor”

http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2014/07/26/grey-man-concept-neighbor/

Profile photo of CharlieTango
    CharlieTango
    Survivalist
    rprepper

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>chester wrote:</div>CharlieTango, I’m making a note of this idea. Useful resource for other tool making. Thanks! “Relief springs in vehicles are an excellent source of metal for knives/swords.”
    ……

I’ll add one correction to that statement. The correct term in “leaf springs” not relief springs. These are the flat bars of metal that are banded together and have a slight curve to them. Not to be confused with actual coiled springs.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>CharlieTango wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>chester wrote:</div>CharlieTango, I’m making a note of this idea. Useful resource for other tool making. Thanks! “Relief springs in vehicles are an excellent source of metal for knives/swords.”<br>
    ……

I’ll add one correction to that statement. The correct term in “leaf springs” not relief springs. These are the flat bars of metal that are banded together and have a slight curve to them. Not to be confused with actual coiled springs.

The more useful kind are ones known as the overload leaf springs. Usually on pickup trucks on up. Not really flat but better than the actual leafs which have quite a bit of curve to them.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, true enough, but if you forge them they can be straightened. Leaf spring steel is very tough but can use tempering for hardness. So heating the steel is required anyway. Almost any hand tool can be made from the leaf springs. Having a forge and grinding equipment is key.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Very useful ideas. I’m going to look for other examples like this…making tools from ‘junk.’

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Chester here are a couple other items for making knives or other cutting tools. Old saw blades, files, railroad spikes, Wire rope/ cable and coil springs. Most of these will require forging to some extent or another but they are good base metals to start with.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well it looks like O is going for an all out ban on ammo for the AR 15 so the test in on, will the gun owners and the gun organizations be able to stop O on his plan. I just posted ATF pushes bullet ban, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle!

Friends O want to take over one way or another.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

GREAT to hear some European commentary on this. I have quite a few viewpoints I’d really like too share, but am very much interested to hear more from people in the same situation first, before I say any more… Thanks for all the comments so far!

Profile photo of cpa23@cox.net
    cpa23@cox.net
    Survivalist
    member2

a 5 iron.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.