Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C, if you don’t mind I’d like to drag out an old thread on BOB’s and what goes into them. Having some food along is great but having food and being warm & dry as well is better. Maybe we can get a few more members to chime in as well.

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/the-rule-of-3/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Currently the only food I keep in my BOB are various granola style bars so as to have some dense calories if I find myself stranded somewhere unexpectedly. The BOB is always in my truck with an assortment of “might come in handy” kind of stuff. If I were purposely setting out on a journey through the woods where I was going to be on my own for a period, I would only bring food that can be eaten as is. I’m with 74 on the matter of including certain canned goods. If I need to make a fire it’ll be for warmth, not because I need to cook something.

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

The question is best answered if it were re-phrased. For example, if the question asked “What rations do you pack for a:
    > 72 Hr long range recon?
    > 4 Hr recon
    > Hit and run engagement?
    > 5 day recon / hunting / meeting locals mission?
    > Long term permanent survival in place?

Each one has different needs and therefore different types and amounts of rations should be packed, along with the all important water.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.