August 26, 2014 at 2:18 pm #23347
<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>sledjockey wrote:</div>I can’t “fix” organizations like the NEA
Unfortunately I think we are past the point where fixing things like the NEA could be accomplished through the political system, not blaming you Sled. We have rioting to coalesce the minority vote using the demise of a probable felon. The discontinuation of any programs that can be assigned to minorities will cause more of the same.August 26, 2014 at 5:54 pm #23357
There are many factors contributing to the demise of our education system in the US. Most of it is due tot he fact TPTB do not want smart people they want robots. They want workers that don’t think for themselves and only do what they are told. If you can parade fluff around as “diversity” and give an extra course credit for studying Shakespeare then they have succeeded in guiding them to mindless thought. Now I’m not saying Shakespeare is mindless thought and it is an important part of literary heritage but what good is it if you don’t know what 2+2 is. There is a great book that outlines the problems in our education system by John Taylor Gatto called “Dumbing Us Down”. He was a school teacher at a public school for 20+ years and saw it first hand. Homeschooling can be done relatively inexpensively if you hunt around for curriculums. We homeschooled two of our kids a few years back but had to put them back in public school due to my wife having to go to work for her dad to help him out. Some of the curriculums are a little dated in their presentation style but the content is much better than what they get in most public schools. It also lets the child work at their pace. If they don’t understand something you can take an extra day or two until they get it. No harm done. If they are whizzing through their work they can do more or move ahead. My kids would start school around 8:30 or 9 every day and would usually be done by lunch time or a little later. They completed all of the required work for the school year a full month before the public schools got out for the summer. When we put them back in public school we had them tested to make sure they were where they needed to be academically. They have been in honors and AP classes every since. It really is not a bad option if you are able to work it out.August 26, 2014 at 7:36 pm #23359
Yes if you can do it home schooling is one of the best ways for kids to learn.August 26, 2014 at 8:06 pm #23361
The problem is that homeschooling does not always provide a generally accepted high school diploma. It really depends on the state where you live. This can cause problems with college entrance, enlisting in the military, or even getting financial assistance for college….
http://ageofdecadence.comAugust 26, 2014 at 8:23 pm #23363
I haven’t vetted this to my own satisfaction yet, but this is an interesting read:
If this is legit, the problems with the schools is just one tick on the checklist. Here is what I see when it comes to the list (BOLD indicates goal acheived or largely acheived, italics indicates partially acheived or in progress):
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.August 27, 2014 at 1:47 am #23384
i agree with matt i was personally never home schooled but i lived with a single mother that worked 2 jobs so she didnt have time. but looking back and thinking about what i learned in high school? NOT MUCH! but of course i am the younger generation and only graduated 3 years ago.
Survivors aren't always the strongest,sometimes they're the smartest, but more often than not they are simply the luckiest.August 27, 2014 at 11:50 am #23426
i somehow feel that gov´s around are purposfully tightening the rules/laws for ppl, while in same time say that they say they are defending their freedom, as well, make wars which they claim that they defend that nations ppls freedoms so they also can live under the same rules & laws Something says that there is something really odd in that formula.
I think, that they use of monetary system and which all its laws, and other problems with regulations, new taxes etc which makes keepin farms, property and land, is harder and harder all the time, that many ppl have to sell their property, farms etc.
I see that monetary system is “abused” to archieve in that and in same time, security laws etc are tightened, with various “reasons”. What it is going to be in future, when laws etc are so rought, that it will allow almost any treatment to civilian population, which is seen as cancer as they do not own anything, and, being one without home, property etc makes you kinda hobo, which might turn to be illegal. Beggin was made here where i live, illegal, with lots of media attention to some ppl who arrived this country from country where there is lots of poor people. There wasnt too many of those but was enough “reason” to pass through the law. Just like it was preplanned or something. Just thinking that when SHTF situation and so cal normal ppl found themselfs in exact the same situation. Many things like this i see happening. I think its because the economic/resource crash is in future, and perhaps not too far ahead.
Perhaps Govs will handle the situation just by hiring more and more security personnel, to keep things/proterty secure from hungry/angry ppl, and those who are left out have to deal it with others.
so, imo, there will be increase of security jobs in future.. Might be useful job, least it might guarantee that you at least get food etc, as you will be guarding someones/companys property from ppl who are in desperate situation.
Shitty thing is, that its you who is between mob and that property if you take the job.
If it goes the war scenario, it is different i believe. If its civil war, its the above kind scenario imo.
Hard to say for sure.
Now, here, learning skills, knowledge, everything, to find good solutions to different situations possible to come.
At least, when even partially prepared, it makes one feel more secure especially when he himself sees that future is not going to be nice.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.