Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Haz-mat charge. I’ll keep an eye out for that one. None yet on this end.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>chester wrote:</div>
    Haz-mat charge. I’ll keep an eye out for that one. None yet on this end.

Now I’m envious.

I get hit with a $25 haz-mat charge for everything from my distributors, ammo, powder, primers, etc.

But then I’m not buying small amounts either. (When I can get stuff)

Profile photo of Hillbilly
    Hillbilly
    Survivalist
    member3

Went into sportsmans warehouse the other day, I have a decent supply of ammo, but I have this 300 savage model 99, that was my wifes fathers. I thought that was a common gun, saw lots when I was a kid. Better sit down…$39.00 a box, I never shoot the thing, neither does the wife. I was just thinking that if I have the gun, that I ought to have a supply of ammo for it, I have a couple of boxes that I’ve had around for years, but since I have a good stack of ammo for everything else, 22lr included, I thought I’d spend 100 bucks or so on 300sav. Little did I realize that would be 3 boxes. Know what else is crazy? .44mag, good thing I don’t shoot that very often. I think that was $ 35.00 a box but at least that was for 50…
    About two years ago, I was at a gun show and bought two cans of 5.56 green tip 62 grain @ 420 rounds ea. $ 129.00 ea I saw them online for $199.00+shipping. There may be plenty around but the price ain’t near what it was.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I think the biggest contributor for shortages are THE PEOPLE  . Its supply and demand , during normal times , nobody has any trouble finding anything , but when the people PANIC , and HOARD out of FEAR ……..your going to have shortages . Its almost all a behavioral problem vs. a manufacturing problem .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am seeing everything but 22LR back and not over priced. Not as cheap as before but the prices have come down.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I agree with Tolik. The govt did contribute, absolutely. But its mostly we the people buying it all up.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WhiteKnight I agree but I think the people see something is coming soon so they want to get as much ammo as they can.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The last few days I needed more pistol powder for reloading. I finally scored a few pounds after searching everywhere nearby. Most of it is bought up and there is no inventory in the stores.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I though things where getting better. So it looks like I am wrong. That is bad news for all of us.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hey Hillbilly,

.300 Savage, great cartridge.
    You want a few secrets about it?

You can get or more accurately make .300 out of .308 brass, and if you’re selective can get cases that are much closer to chamber dimension by measuring and choosing by head diameter.

Secondly, you don’t need to crimp the bullets for a 99.

Thirdly, I ket my .300 go a while back and have a set of like new dies just sitting here if you’re interested.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.