Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

At 3 years old ? I doubt it . It will be having a hard enough time understanding why its mother abandoned it . Besides , there comes a point where you either stick to your morals , ethics , and beliefs , or you do not …..I choose the former and not the latter . An old pastor once said ” I’ve never seen a U-Haul following a casket ” . Point is , all you take with you is your character and your deeds . Just Sayin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh sorry I didn’t realize all kids are 3. Thought some grew to be older like 10, 12 and 13, or maybe 15. How are you going to sort it out?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

You do the best you can , teenagers are quite capable of being on their own . You dont have to get mad because I choose to sort things out rather than be an animal , when the case is not black and white ……..it rarely is .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m not mad tolik, I didn’t read any age restrictions. Seriously you picked 3 years old. How about a 10 year old? A 10 year old can be very devious.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I would take all abandoned children, the younger ones you will not have a problem with but maybe the older ones you will so you still take them in but you may have to restrict there area( a locked room) till you see what they are all about. A 10 to 16 year old can be a problem but I would still take them in.

Anyone older is a problem that would have to be studied.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

There are to many variables to make a decision on what to do now not knowing how things will be.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I agree. The older they are the bigger the decision will be. Also they eat more the older they are.

Profile photo of Ogre206
    Ogre206
    Survivalist
    member2

this is what I would do
    take the child in, it may not be the smart choice but i was never really gifted anyways, besides the right choices aren’t always smart ones.
    i would give the kid a new shirt and jacket and tell him/her to put them on and i would be able to reasonably deduct if they have explosives or not, yes they might have them hidden in the pants but honestly i doubt that ( i might die for it but that’s a chance im willing to take)

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There are many variables,including the age of the kids, how many, and what your overall situation is otherwise. There are also no absolutes in life, but this is an issue that would be good to ponder for a while now while things are calm. If in doing so I thought I might not have the food to spare in order to take in a few kids, personally I’ll go out tomorrow and spent a few hundred dollars getting more beans, rice, and what not. This is because I know I couldn’t turn away a little kid. I know it brings risk but sometimes with risk comes rewards, in this case the reward being that I could live with my conscience knowing that at least I tried. Living where I do I doubt I’d be overrun with too many kids. Aren’t too many around here now.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think in urban areas there will be lots of orphans and abandoned kids. There always are in desperate times.

Profile photo of carpedebass
    carpedebass
    Survivalist
    member3

Cogent points and reasoning here both ways. I like that people are thinking and reasoning through it rather than jumping out there with, “I’ll just shoot ‘em” type responses. The idea to this exercise is to get people thinking and mentally preparing for the things that may, or may not come down. Yes, the situation is going to be fluid. There are many, many variables but don’t you think there will be many unknown variables at the time as well?

My point in all this is really not to have you answer my dilemma. I apologize for being a bit,,,let’s say…misleading. I still haven’t answered this dilemma for myself, but that’s my job. Not yours. The point is, quite simply, that we should all be not only physically preparing by stocking up, training, getting into shape, etc. But mentally preparing as well.

There are far too many scenarios that could happen to cover everything, but this type of mental preparation trains our brains and mental faculties to deal with situations like these. I am in hopes that I am never faced with the scenario as listed here. But thinking these things through is a serious game changer by getting ourselves ready to make decisions. I was trained that in any situation there are three possibilities for a response or decision. They are listed below in order of the likelihood of bad things happening as a result,,,
    1. The right decision/response.
    2. The wrong decision/response
    3. No decision/response
    This is not a hard and fast rule. Sometimes the correct decision is to do nothing. Sometimes making a decision to do nothing is, after all, making a decision. But what I’m talking about here is the wishy-washy indecision that scenarios like the one listed in the first post can cause. The idea is to make a decision and stick with it. This type of mental training will hopefully make this easier when the time comes. I hope this is as helpful to you as it was to me when I was taught it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Caredebass, Thanks for the exercise. Many posts with similar intentions have been posted, and they are important planning devices. Post any other there scenarios you would like to discuss.

carpedebass
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks 74. Will do.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I believe in the cities this will be very bad to the point were I may have to turn some away. I will buy more food just because of this. I really didn’t think about this before. Thanks for the post carpedebass.

carpedebass
    Survivalist
    member3

Freedom, it is most certainly my pleasure. I hope we can all learn from each other. I know from some of the responses here, I am learning things I didn’t know previously. Sometimes you don’t know what you don’t know…ya know? =-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.