Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

This was an interesting read for me. I’ve no military or tactical training/experience. Many of you do. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If Tolik captures you, you’re in for the ****.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

It sums up a lot of good points but I didn’t learn much new stuff. I have read a couple of books written from hostage perspective in various environments. How to deal with your captors really depends on the situation but what usually applies is:

• Keep yourself busy so you can pass time and dont get caught up in worrying too much.
    • Get to know your captors, build rapport and learn as much as you can to exploit their weaknesses and manipulate them.
    • Be realistic about your options. Expect to be disappointed.

I’m not sure if I’m the type of guy who would get captured. Of course it can always happen but if my family is out of the picture because they are already dead I would most likely simply go down with guns blazing and see how many I can take along.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Tweva it is good article with lot of info.

I read somewhere long time ago, about some guy who went to war, had high reasons for that, saving humanity and all that, fighting for peace. Then he went into the first gunfight, and when bullets start to fly, and people start to die around him ,wounded guys screams he suddenly understand whole point of the war , whole point of the mess around him and he yelled “OH my God, they are trying to KILL ME !!!”

I like the story, it have big truth in it. Everything else is not important when people want to kill you, you have only one cause-to survive.

I knew guys who have been captured, imprisoned by enemy group, some of them have been kept as a some kind of slaves, and I can say that every possible preparation has been stripped to pure survival, and doing anything in order to stay alive until the day when they can be free.

In short, stay small and quiet, obey and wait for chance to run away.
    I am talking about some SHTF kidnapping and imprisoning, not about Geneva convention war prisoners.

One guy told me that they beat him regularly, every night almost at the same time, and one night when they left him alone he said he suddenly felt real love for them, even he knew in same time it is crazy, it was simple so huge relief.

It is good topic Tweva, worth of discussion.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thank you Selco. As a woman in particular this concerns me. Also the police told me that the man that broke into my room/house and attacked me was planning on kidnapping me. Then you read of the poor school girls taken in Africa. It is hard to consider and many who believe the **** will hit the fan laugh me off on this su ject…as if it could not happen or is not important to also  consider ahead of time

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

It happened a lot during the SHTF in my time, and it needs to be considered and discussed, because those things will happen again when law is gone.
    It happens very often even today in third world countries, or even in countries where law is pretty tough.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Again, thanks Selco. I can only hope this never happens to anyone, but it is such a horrendous thought I know many won’t even consider it – to their detriment. It CAN happen to YOU peoples…you can be a hair’s width away from disappearing – even now – I know, trust me.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

This is a simple bump – I can’t believe no one wants to discuss this? Ok, I know, maybe it’s too personal to me. Just trying to pick knowledgeable brains A true concern for me. But maybe I just have to put my big girl pants on and drop it here.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I don’t think it is lack of interest. I think it is lack of experience. Fortunately most of the people here are good people and don’t talk what they don’t know. Think about this, unless they have been in combat most men are not a first choice candidates for kidnapping. I worry about this often with my girls. They are all very attractive and my wife has a disability. I have taught them all how to defend themselves. I have always played ruff with them. They are pretty tough for their age but one thing I have not done is talked much with them about what to do if they are taken. Your post has definitely gotten me to thinking. I don’t want them to walk around fearful but they need to know the truth and what to do. I will look into it more and let you know what I find.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Ah but Matt, Selco sited just one example where it did happen to a man! Yes, men are just as likely, IMHO/no experience, but good ability to project opinion, to be ‘taken’ hostage. This is a ‘power’ move extraordinaire and not uncommon in extreme civil unrest SHTF scenarios. And, PLEASE ALL YOU MALES, crawl out of your own perspective of BBB, guns, bullets etc and just ‘try’, and I know it is hard, but try and put yourself in the position also of your female group/family members. I was attacked/I was raped – in this country – by no one I knew – in my own home both times.( I do/did not live at the time in ‘the projects’. See my post/topic of disguise for females). If you love them – PLEASE think outside your own perspective into theirs and the many uglies that will be more than happy to take advantage of the hole in your planning in this regard. I live with the scars of these incidents still despite much work…and it is mild now…but the ghost of it all is still there despite years of effort. Would not wish it on anyone much less another woman. And yourselves, for males, seriously? You don’t think some gang leader/members would not delight in taking you and making you their ‘slave’/ putting you on display? What happens in prisons? Get real. Really.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

So darn sorry, don’t mean to bleed my past wounds on y’all…but forgot to add…it doesn’t mean you have to have ‘experience’ to discuss the subject Matt…I just feel so strongly it needs to be discussed by folks that think like us. No one seems to. Understand that.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I should have clarified that in the US, in a normal every day scenario, they are not first choice targets. SHTF and war are the same environment and yes anything is possible then. Prison is as well. Like I said a lot to think about

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

We as Americans do live in a comfy little bubble.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.