Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Hmmmm. It’s only January 4th, and already we’ve got two stories that drive home the point as to just how “free” we are in the United States. Do we have it better in so many respects than other nations? Of course. But that could disappear very quickly, as evidenced by the massive change that just happened out in Oregon – with most of the nation being totally unaware that they even lived this way. If you haven’t seen it, Oregon just passed and implemented a new law that now ALLOWS (just some) residents of Oregon to actually have the freedom to pump their own gasoline! But many don’t see it that way, and besides, this new freedom (or oppressive reality) only exists in less populated areas. Big cities? You have to sit and wait for an attendant to pump your gas still.

My state is in a crisis. If any Oregonians had dreams of a better, easier 2018, those dreams were shattered the moment they heard of the new law which allows untrained members of the great unwashed to pump their own gas in rural counties.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-pump-your-own-smelly-gas-in-oregon-and-live-to-t-1821743227

Think that’s bad? How about New Jersey? Motorists there face serious legal penalties for even touching pumps – fines range between $50 and $250 for the first offense and up to $500 for subsequent offenses.

And today we (re)learned just how little the 10th Amendment and the Commerce Clause really mean (i.e., nothing), when the Attorney General, who just loves civil asset forfeiture, decided to backtrack on the issue of the feds leaving states alone to pursue their own decisions – this time regarding marijuana. After all, marijuana is BAAAD! As bad or worse than opiates, and obviously FAR worse than the social enhancer, alcohol! So sayeth the almighty Attorney General. (Note: this post is coming from one who is opposed recreational marijuana use, but unwilling to impose my own opposition on others.) Forget what Sessions’ boss campaigned on – states’ rights (including marijuana laws). Forget what he told senators in advance of his confirmation hearings. It’s a new year, he hasn’t lost his job, and nobody opposed him for his recent reversal on the civil asset forfeiture issue, so why not go for that supreme evil – marijuana – as well? [sarc/OFF – just in case anyone needed that clarification]

Happy new year, indeed. Land of the free, home of the brave. It ought to be an(other) interesting year.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

In the midst of further attempts on the life of the Republic, I just received the following article from way back in July – a half year ago. But not initially seeing the date, It appeared the column could have been written yesterday. Still spot on – and even more so since it was originally written. There are some very interesting perspectives and understandings in this, including a very interesting comparison between Saul Alinsky and what Trump is doing; also a comparison with Patton. Interesting insights. The games have already begun, so just let them continue. Covfefe!

https://townhall.com/columnists/evansayet/2017/07/13/he-fights-n2354580

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I might be mistaken for I didn’t go to law school, although I have read a few law books and Black’s……. BUT:

Sessions pushed law interpretation back upon the federal judges and never really engaged enforcement from what I read. The basis for this, according to DOJ statements that I also read, was regarding a need to enforce STATE oversight. There was an example (and my mother lives just across the CO/NM border on the south side so there is some anecdotal support from her and my aunt) regarding many pot shops being taken over and run by Mexican gangs in one statement. My mother had lots of health issues so she uses several types of CBD products. I guess her last few trips to the shop she USED to go to really scared her. There were armed, tattooed, thuggish looking guys in the parking lot guarding the place. She said that she drove by, went to WalMart, drove back by, went to the grocery store, drove by again, went to Dollar Tree, and then went by a last time. These guys were still there. She asked locals about it and they confirmed that these types were now there all the time and the ownership/staff had “changed”. Whatever that means.

This was also the response that my friends (I have several friends that grow and/or work in the ‘green’ industry) got from their lawyers. The rolling back of the enforcement was required to go after gangs and criminals that have moved into CO growing/selling industry.

Only time will tell, but I think the box has been opened on this. There is now enough scientific evidence that proves MJ is not as bad as was originally thought.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

1. CBD can be purchased and shipped via FedEx, UPS, or even the USPS, to any of the 50 states – AS LONG AS the product is sourced from hemp that is grown outside the United States and imported, and contains less than 0.3% THC (i.e. it is a non-psychoactive product). BUT – if the exact same product is sourced from a Colorado hemp farm (State-legal in Colorado, of course), it’s in the same category as heroin.

2. The Cole Memorandum provided a highly sane but non-permanent solution to the idiocy of the federal laws on the subject by effectively saying that it makes no sense to spend tax dollars prosecuting hemp-related “offenses” while we’re dealing with an opiate crisis (and all manner of other serious and deadly crimes) with limited money to do so.

3. Congress is at the point of the complicity in all this idiocy by refusing to remove hemp products of any sort from Schedule 1, right up there with oxycodone, Fentanyl, etc. As long as Congress retains the law that equates hemp with heroin, this won’t be legally (and sanely) resolved. But then the BigPharma “subsidies” paid to our elected “representatives” help keep the status quo.

4. Sessions’ motivation is beyond questionable, given his prohibition-era rhetoric on the subject of the evils of that dreaded marijuana plant, along with the reported heavy contributions from the private prison industry.

SSDD (same stuff, different day)

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I am not too familiar with various MJ laws/regulations, so the information about CBD is appreciated. I will look into that for her.

From what I read, the CSA does not need to go through Congress to be changed. It is supposed to be modified through request by the DEA. Since the Memorandum did not go through the DEA as per the Act, it was not enforceable, notable, or even really legal in any form or faction due to the over reach of the originating Agency. That was part of why Sessions “rolled it back” was due to this fact. There are many EO and “Memorandums” that are based out of agencies that over reach their authority. The reality is that the DEA needs to change the Schedule and then regulation for the products can be changed. Of course I have no doubt that chances of this happening are slim to none.

oxy, Fentanyl, Sufenta, etc., are not Schedule 1 from what I understand. Schedule 1 drugs do not have any known medical usage.Here is a quick list.
    Heroin (diacetylmorphine)
    LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide)
    Marijuana (cannabis, THC)
    Mescaline (Peyote)
    MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine or “ecstasy”)
    GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyric acid)
    Ecstasy (MDMA or 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine)
    Psilocybin
    Methaqualone (Quaalude)
    Khat (Cathinone)
    Bath Salts (3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone or MDPV)

I do not know Sessions or enough about him to pass judgment on his motivations, so I withhold comment on that. Considering that every liberal in America hates him I am more apt to like him, honestly. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, NY Times, LA Times, blah, blah, blah, all hate someone and make up fake news about someone and I am definitely sure to like them for no other reason than they pissed off Soros/Bloomberg/Turner/Hollywood Elite/etc….. Just me and my pure hate for MSM pushing their agendas.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Thanks much for the clarification on the Schedule 1/2 differences – of course you are correct. I’ve mentally put the two together because that’s about how too many in government treat them, and made the sloppy error. I shouldn’t have, and had I really thought about it, I wouldn’t have made that mistake. Good catch.

I do easily concur with your last paragraph, however. And I really did like Sessions until I specifically heard him speak about marijuana, and also read his comments on DOJ changes involving civil asset forfeiture. I’ve come to not trust the man’s motives, or judgement (not sure which are the issue if not both). As to the financial contributions, I find the descriptions of privately operated prisons in most of the MSM and others to be the usual generalizations in order to drive an agenda. But at the same time, the actual money figures popping up all the time from public records seem to show a very large amount of contributions going to the Trump campaign, and two highly placed former Sessions aides left and became lobbyists for two of the biggest private prison systems. Suddenly Obama-era roll-backs on the use of private prisons were reversed shortly after Trump took office. With over-crowding, yes, it makes sense to use whatever (properly run) prisons are available – public or private. So an argument could be made that the changes were reasonable otherwise anyway. But that doesn’t change the same questionable timing and size of contributions any less than the questions surrounding the supposedly coincidental (?) contributions to the Clinton Foundation from people directly or closely involved with Uranium One that weren’t even U.S. citizens. Proof? No. Just too much circumstantial evidence for me to trust Sessions. Just my 2¢.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Every politician is in someone’s pocket and is only out to make more money from the lobby that supports them the most….. This is the unfortunate result of allowing “Politician” to become a profession.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Every politician is in someone’s pocket

Seems to me that whatever his faults, that’s the root of most of the complaining about President Trump: he ain’t in anyone’s pocket. He doesn’t fit in most ordinary pockets. That’s why the have to make all this flap over some alleged connection to Russia. It’s the only “pocket” conceivably big enough. Nobody would buy the accusation that he was in some piddly domestic “pocket.” But it shows how pocket-oriented the Left is.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.