Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 351 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirli, just to be clear, becoming a Lister in my small town isn’t exactly what I’d call a real paycheck. It pays $10 an hour, and not a whole lot of hours are involved. Most elected and appointed officials in small town New England don’t get paid anything or if they do, just token amounts. My real goal is just to better make myself a part of the community.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

For my wife and I a recommitment to physical fitness. Several months of chronic bronchitis really slowed me down. Back to exercising. Also have raised our knowledge base of natural remedies and essential oils. Cured my bronchitis with them, after the antibotics did little to help.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirli, just to be clear, becoming a Lister in my small town isn’t exactly what I’d call a real paycheck. It pays $10 an hour, and not a whole lot of hours are involved. Most elected and appointed officials in small town New England don’t get paid anything or if they do, just token amounts. My real goal is just to better make myself a part of the community.

I figured, just had to make light of it.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

500 rounds of 7.62×39 soft point . attached some modified webbing to hold my German pack and sleeping bag , to an Alice pack frame . 2 boxes of number 4 shot .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

500 rounds of 7.62×39 soft point . attached some modified webbing to hold my German pack and sleeping bag , to an Alice pack frame . 2 boxes of number 4 shot .

Tolik … I’m trying to grok whats happening in Russia, the Kremlin Putin white trucks uk. My prep is finding out. Any clues you see with your third eye? Something going down.

You might want to add another k.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen , I’m not sure I understand the question .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I bought a fully adjustable rear peep sight that will fit on the picatinny rail of my son’s AK.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I bought a fully adjustable rear peep sight that will fit on the picatinny rail of my son’s AK.

I almost preped myself into buying a Trijicon SRS – but then sanity returned and I bought a little Bushnell red dot instead. Ahhhh relief. An Ultimak rail and red dot are good enough. The bakelite knife I ordered arrived. Its well made and like new. i almost decided to sharpen it but its so dull it would take forever. I’m going to look on Youtube for some video to accomplish this formidable task.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Today I started 554 plants in my greenhouse. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the shade cloth put on. I wish I had put it on yesterday being the wind was really howling this morning, and that would confirmed (or not) that I secured it properly. It’s supposed to stay above freezing all week long which is always a good sign.

The trench I had dug along the wood line last autumn is working great. I now know why part of the garden area just didn’t want to dry out last year. The trench is catching and diverting water from two underground springs. One of them is just gushing water as if it were an underground stream. On the other side of the garden area, I also had some dredging done last year in conjunction with putting a culvert back in the ground that last winter/spring popped out of the ground. That has worked great too. During the current heavy Spring water flow, it is staying in the channel and going through the culvert rather than coming over the top and pushing water towards an area I plan to put more fruit trees in. The heavy flow has dug the channel a bit deeper too.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

ordered another 500 rounds of 762×39 , after that gets here , it should be enough . Picked up another roll for my vacuum sealer . Just started playing with that thing last month , I love it .

Profile photo of blackwater
    blackwater
    Veteran
    member1

We recently stopped our Satellite TV service saving around $150 per month.

We now budget that $150 for just LTS foods that are stored at our BOL.
    We figure in around 4 years of doing this monthly we will have stockpiled around 2 years worth of emergency rations for the entire family.

Nice trade off and we haven’t missed the TV service at all.

Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is good men do nothing.

Oathkeeper since 1981

Profile photo of blackwater
    blackwater
    Veteran
    member1

Survival Preps are now part of our monthly budget process.
    Each month we put so much towards, Medical supplies, Food, Tools, Guns and Ammo and other misc. items that we buy monthly/regularly that we keep at our BOL.

It has changed our outlook and we now earmark every dollar and have already seen vast improvements in our preps just by making it intentional.

Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is good men do nothing.

Oathkeeper since 1981

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

To all those that say they can’t afford to prep, I say look at blackwater’s example. It’s all a matter of priorities and discipline.

And my pronouncement last evening that its going to stay above freezing all week? That only lasted a few hours as I woke up this morning to a hard frost. I checked the thermometer in the greenhouse this morning and saw it got down to 25 inside. Oh well.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m getting ready to put a new garden area in and today I bought a single point plow for my garden tractor.

[attachment file=”plow.jpg”]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.