Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Thought provoking and pertinent. I’ve read it before, but thanks for reminding me!

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’m particularly appreciative of the reminder – and of late, I suspect I needed it more than I realized – of the “Bug’s Life” lesson:

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Yep , the strongest and best armies in history have been defeated by ill equipped , or even peasants using unconventional tactics .

Rome vs. Parthia ( where the modern term ” parting shot ” came from , original Parthian shot ).

American Revolution
    US in Vietnam
    Soviets in Afghanistan
    Many more examples sense and in between . Sometimes a question of what side wants it more , a battle of wills .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Takes overwhelming odds, serious commitment, and usually a long time, to defeat an even marginally cohesive people on home ground, especially when the ground is mountainous and/or forested. A common enemy heals or postpones a lot of minor local gripes.

Cry, "Treason!"

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I think that this could go both ways Tec.

An opportunity to even old scores without reprisal? All too common.

Selco mentioned when it occurred around him, there are numerous records of it happening in every war.

Certain groups, already bonded by something such as religion, education, employment, will stay together, others may envy them and you can fill in the blanks.

I don’t see the SD Indians or BLM types joining forces with whitey regardless of common enemy.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Good thing both are a numerical minority in the country , both as a race and politically ……………….if the Hari Krishna’s and Quakers dont join the Constitutional Crusader army , it will have no effect on the outcome of the Crusade . Some groups are just not needed or wanted by either side , because they cant see beyond their very narrow focus , and would actually be a detriment as an ally .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I don’t see the SD Indians or BLM types joining forces with whitey regardless of common enemy.

Good thing both are a numerical minority in the country , both as a race and politically

If one watches closely (the news media doesn’t focus on it, but in the background and 1-second shots as they pan across the SD pipeline protesters), one will note a very large percentage of the American Indians protesting are also wearing caps representing the units in which they served, or the wars in which they fought in their younger years. There is a patriotism there that we “whiteys” do not understand as a people, nor do we understand that (with the usual few militant exceptions present in all groups, not just Native Americans) American Indians are quite willing to co-exist in peace. The problem is, our government won’t honor the hundreds of legal peace treaties that have been signed over the years, and as a result that same government continues to wage subtle, ongoing war against them. The BLM-types have little to complain about in comparison. What is a wonder to me is that there has NOT been a modern-day Indian uprising – I dare say it would not be unwarranted.

And frankly, I’m more than saddened that comments like the above would be made here when one of our own Forum members has, on multiple occasions, identified himself as Native American. It’s no wonder that he hasn’t been heard from in months here. But another in our midst had the privilege of talking with Russell Means, and can attest to the fact that he was quite willing to have any of us as neighbors in the Republic of Lakotah – if we would but live in peace with them, in every sense of the word.

I posted the following several months ago mainly as perhaps the finest lesson on the Constitution that I’ve ever seen. But I’m posting it this time because of the title: “Americans are the New Indian.” Probably few if any will bother to spend 90 minutes with it, but in the hope that at least one or two will, I’d suggest that there is a massive amount of learning to be had here – on multiple levels. (Disregard the “InfoWars” logo and opening credit – they have no input in the content.)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Saint, my comments weren’t aimed as a racist remark.
    My Mohawk ancestors might take offense.

But I stand by my previous comment.

Why would I say something like that?
    Simple, because in my experience with several modern Indian groups it is true.

It’s not a matter of race or melanin deficiency, but an attitude in modern people. Regardless of background.

The law failed or worked, doesn’t matter, we will protest and do “X” until we get our way.

Be it BLM or any other group that resorts to violence when they don’t get their way, it’s just mob rule.

Be it LA, Ferguson or SD, the “good” intent if there was any is lost when the criminal activities start.

I spent a little time with a couple tribal cops on the Oglala reservation. Funny thing, the elders, the Vietnam era vets, even some of those who had protested with AIM we’re accepting and friendly. Welcoming even to the ‘paleface’.

FYI, it was long before I put on a badge, but was an anthropology student. One of the tribal cops was the brother of a classmate/friend.

It was the youth, the hotheads, those that couldn’t accept anything at face value that had issues with my mere presence.

These are the priveleged kids, given everything, raised in the modern way of thinking and behaving.

Same with the BLM types, white and black. These are not people who have the slightest concept of the words spoken by Dr King, nor his intent.

They don’t care, their actions and words prove it daily.

Can you really see either group working with anyone who isn’t one of them, regardless of the cause? I can’t.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

And now back to the original intent of the article, the butterknife gun.

The concept of not wasting a chefs knife when a butter knife will do is what is up for discussion.

Too many condense and combine their “collection” down, getting rid of anything that doesn’t fit some preconceived notion
    However that rusty, crusty old bolt gun with a handful of cartridges, or that .32 Sauer brought back from WWII and the three rounds in it may be the ticket for someone, maybe even you, to even out the odds and upgrade from that “antique” to something more modern and hand the “butter knife” off to someone else to do the same.

It doesn’t have to be a Tier 1 gun, that’s what you want to acquire. It just has to work.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

My comments were not racist either , they are fact , the numbers of both are of no consequence in the bigger picture of the country’s population as a whole to be a determining factor in any rebellion . As far as the BLM people go , they are a minority among Blacks , blacks are 17 % of the population , the BLM crowd is what ? about 3-5% of that 17 % ? ……..again they are of no numerical value , their politics are fringe and not supported by the black majority . Sort of like the KKK is to White people . The SD Indians ( and most natives ) are indeed self absorbed and have little use for the outside world , therefor would make poor allies , this is fact . the numerical % of native Americans is also low in the big picture . This is fact . They in a general sense dont care what happens outside the res ……………they see themselves as an independent country and behave that way . They wouldnt give a crap about the population as a whole as more than likely , they would continue to be left alone and insulated by the powers …………why ? because their numbers are no threat as opposed to the general population . Again , they wouldnt be very good allies because they dont see themselves as patriots of the country attempting to save it . Its the tribe , and thats it , narrow focus , like the BLM crowd , blacks and nobody else matters . This is the truth , if it comes across as racist , I dont give a crap , I look at things in a more pragmatic way , and political correctness is not part of that , nor will it ever be . I make no apologies . Both groups , dont care about the country as a whole , outside their own little group .
    Interesting thing about the liberator pistol , it was dropped by the hundreds , but not one account of it actually being used for its intended purpose . Then again , considering the situation of partizans , it may have been used , but they cant go around shouting about it . Either way , it did have a psychological affect on the Germans .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Funny you would both bring up the word “racist,” when nowhere in my post did I use that word. And indeed as I composed it, neither that word nor any form of it ever even entered my mind as near as I can remember. When I used the term “whitey,” it was placed in quotes because it had already been used in one of the posts to which I responded. I otherwise made no mention at all of “race or melanin deficiency,” or anything related to it. You both defended something you each perceived solely within your own minds — and missed the entire point in the process. What a waste….

GS

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Okay, It’s been a long couple of weeks, 14+ hour days and not enough sleep.
    Too much epoxy resin and too little outside air.
    The headaches have finally stopped.
    Guess I’m still a little slow mentally.

What then was the point?
    Please in simple, easy to understand, words, suitable for someone who is of reduced mental capacity at the moment.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.